Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

m&p 9L barrel replacement

open67

Got my 9L back from s&w and they did nothing on return for accuracy. Was returned because of dismal accuracy. Stringing shots 8 to 9 inches vertically and 3 to 4 inches horizontally with MG 124's and factory 115's at 30 yds bench resting hands not gun. Had it in the hands of another M class shooter for him to try and the same thing. Talked to a GM who instructs and said common complaint and to get a storm lake barrel. Any other suggestions on barrels or otherwise.

Just bought a KKM and now the M&P will shoot groups. I did notice a big improvement over stock. I ran zero's 115 with 4.0 gr of N320. I know people like Montanna golds but in every gun that I have shot zero's or xtp's were superior for me anyway. Wish the KKM was fitted its just drop in. Barsto will be good also, Apex Tactical is going to do some exciting stuff with the M&P as far as accuracy. My pistol is a 9mm Pro.

Call S&W, ask for a supervisor, be nice, and explain the situation again in as much detail as you can. I believe they will take care of you.

BTW, after meeting Dave Sevigny at Bianchi, I went with what he has, KKM and have been very happy.

Just bought a KKM and now the M&P will shoot groups. I did notice a big improvement over stock. I ran zero's 115 with 4.0 gr of N320. I know people like Montanna golds but in every gun that I have shot zero's or xtp's were superior for me anyway. Wish the KKM was fitted its just drop in. Barsto will be good also, Apex Tactical is going to do some exciting stuff with the M&P as far as accuracy. My pistol is a 9mm Pro.

Wow, you must have a really fast barrel. I need over 4 grains of 320 to make pf in my 9mm pro with Zero 125 grain jhps! :surprise:

Wow, you must have a really fast barrel. I need over 4 grains of 320 to make pf in my 9mm pro with Zero 125 grain jhps! :surprise:

steel load

Call S&W, ask for a supervisor, be nice, and explain the situation again in as much detail as you can. I believe they will take care of you.

BTW, after meeting Dave Sevigny at Bianchi, I went with what he has, KKM and have been very happy.

+1 and be firm. Don't take no or any excuses. If the super is no help ask for his boss. Once around and UP!

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

My accuracy was acceptable once I put in the Apex FSS/Trigger kit.

I also have a storm lake barrel (threaded for a suppressor) that I have not yet used.

However, I will be sending mine to Apex to have the new BarSto barrel fitted once this is available.