Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delrin Shoulder Washer

Hello,

I've had my Dillon 550B for two years now. What a beautiful machine to work with. The only thing that frustrates me is the delrin shoulder washer. Is there an easy way to remove it? I've broken several while removing the tool head to switch to another tool head setup. I really feel stupid.

Any suggestions, tricks, and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Pablo

The short answer is, "No." On some 550s, they easily push out the bottom of the bracket... on others they don't. I chalk it up to manufacturing differences. I suggest you ask Dillon to mail you a few so you always have a spare on hand. They will send 'em to you for free. And don't sweat the small stuff. It happens.

Enjoy loading!

The short answer is, "No." On some 550s, they easily push out the bottom of the bracket... on others they don't. I chalk it up to manufacturing differences. I suggest you ask Dillon to mail you a few so you always have a spare on hand. They will send 'em to you for free. And don't sweat the small stuff. It happens.

Enjoy loading!

Dillon will ship them for free? Really? I've been buying them for the last two years. What an idiot. :(

Thanks for the response.

I have had my 550 for about a year and have not even damaged the shoulder washer when changing toolheads. I am really gentle and use a pair of needle-nose pliers to slide it out of the return bracket toward the floor. Be easy and it will come out with no damage, but remember to loosen the tension on the wingnut first.

Maybe I'm not doing something right. Are you supposed to remove it when you change tool heads? I just slide the rod up and out of it.

Excellent. I never thought to just unscrew the nut and slide the rod out. I've always grabbed the collar and yanked it out with the press up to give me room. I just left it on the rod. I've gotta try this next time. Gracias. :cheers:

The rod comes out real easy.

remove nut and spring

slide a case in station 2 then lower the handle

lift tool head up and away.

Got part one and three. Would you please explain why you put the case in station 2? :huh:

Edited by Youngeyes

The rod comes out real easy.

remove nut and spring

slide a case in station 2 then lower the handle

lift tool head up and away.

Got part one and three. Would you please explain why you put the case in station 2? :huh:

The rod lifts straight out if you activate the powder bar. i.e put the case in and pull the handle. I then just hold the powder bar open with my thumb and finger , lower the ram and slide the tool head off.

without doing this there is a bind on the rod to get it to slide up and out with ease.

OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT!goof.gif

Edited by Kevin Sanders