Is this legal for Production Division

Philip Dedmon

specifically spelled out as not legal in D22.2 Not even any grey area,

Grips – any addition or

removal of material which

changes the factory profile

or adds function such

as beavertail or thumb rest.

does it do anything besides stop slide bite? Looks like it would cause a lower grip, why would you want that?

Interesting that the ad copy says nothing about slide bite. Their main selling point is that it changes the grip angle so that people who like 1911's will find the grip more natural, and that it helps with recoil management.

does it do anything besides stop slide bite? Looks like it would cause a lower grip, why would you want that?

Interesting that the ad copy says nothing about slide bite. Their main selling point is that it changes the grip angle so that people who like 1911's will find the grip more natural, and that it helps with recoil management.

Taking your hand further away from the bore axis isn't much of a selling point...to me!!

Taking your hand further away from the bore axis isn't much of a selling point...to me!!

I'd be inclined to agree.

since this was a thread asking a specific legality question about USPSA rules, I would expect quoting the rule book would be in order, it kinda eliminates the he said she said opinions, and incorrect postings from people that know an old rule book or never cracked one but are going off heresay, sorry if actually knowing and quoting the rule annoys you, but many of us dont consider cheating at level one matches ok,

Ok, it's not Production legal at any level USPSA match we all know that. It is however Limited and Open legal so here is my question, has anyone prurchased one of these and do you like it?

I bought one and couldn't get it installed on my G35 for the life of me. I sent a hasty, angry email to the manufacturer, and he called me back to make it right in less than 10 seconds. No kidding. And this was on a Tuesday at about 9:00pm.

He offered to send a replacement, to walk me through any mods that would need to be done, and to refund my money - anything to make me happy.

As we all know, Glock has changed their mold a little bit a time or two throughout the years, and since this device requires a very tight fit it may need to be modded a tiny bit to fit a few frames out there. The owner of the company will walk you through how to do it over the phone if needs be. I finally got it on my G35, and it doesn't seem to change the bore height very much, but I haven't shot it yet to see if it changes how the gun feels while shooting yet. I'll let you guys know how it shoots if I ever get the G35 out to the practice range.

Note: I removed some posts that were caught up in some back and forth. Some other posts were removed as they were out of context...with then other posts gone.

If your post was removed, and I didn't contact you in a PM...no worries.

Kyle Farris

Forum Administrator

Agree 100%. THE biggest advantages Glock owns is its super simple maintenance and low bore axis, pretty much in that order.

• 4 weeks later...

I have one on my Glock 35, and I like the feel of the pistol with it. I agree that is has a bit too much material on the bottom side of the beavertail, however, some of that can be removed with a Dremel. I have seen a couple of these permanently mounted to pistols with stippling, and they looked pretty good.

You might want to check on the legality of this as to limited. I hear tell it may be considered a recoil reduction add-on and therefore only allowed in Open. Third hand knowledge, so take it for what it's worth...

I don't know. I think that's possible but if you put a high rise beaver tail on a 2011 are we doing the same thing?

Additionally, we have seen or heard of people adding "Material" to their grips to give more grip space, fit their hands better, etc.

Serious shame.

I threw one on my G34 last week because I've been 'bitten' before, and it sucked.... really. Sucks to hear I'll have to remove it for Production events, as it does give me that piece of mind that I won't be tearing my hand up if I'm riding too high on the grip.

I don't notice much of a difference between it on, and without... aside from that piece of mind, but apparently some people view it as an advantage (shrug)

You might want to check on the legality of this as to limited. I hear tell it may be considered a recoil reduction add-on and therefore only allowed in Open. Third hand knowledge, so take it for what it's worth...

I don't know. I think that's possible but if you put a high rise beaver tail on a 2011 are we doing the same thing?

Additionally, we have seen or heard of people adding "Material" to their grips to give more grip space, fit their hands better, etc.

I'm not arguing your legitimate point - I agree. All I'm saying is it'd be prudent to ask the question to be sure because I've heard third hand it's not so straight forward and I don't want my fellow limited shooters visiting open without the benefit of a comp and c-more.

Serious shame.

I threw one on my G34 last week because I've been 'bitten' before, and it sucked.... really. Sucks to hear I'll have to remove it for Production events, as it does give me that piece of mind that I won't be tearing my hand up if I'm riding too high on the grip.

I don't notice much of a difference between it on, and without... aside from that piece of mind, but apparently some people view it as an advantage (shrug)

I shoot a G34 in production and my hand looks like I'm either a druggie or mongoloid. I've got track marks on the top of my hand that bleed rather generously after each stage and my glock knuckle is rather impressive. I tell everyone if it doesn't hurt, your really not giving it 100%...

I'm not arguing your legitimate point - I agree. All I'm saying is it'd be prudent to ask the question to be sure because I've heard third hand it's not so straight forward and I don't want my fellow limited shooters visiting open without the benefit of a comp and c-more.

Serious shame.

I shoot a G34 in production and my hand looks like I'm either a druggie or mongoloid. I've got track marks on the top of my hand that bleed rather generously after each stage and my glock knuckle is rather impressive. I tell everyone if it doesn't hurt, your really not giving it 100%...

Undoubtedly a good idea to double check.

And only time I ever seriously cut myself was after 5-6 matches with my CZ and taking my G34 to a 1,000 round class. It cut me in the first string and didn't stop cutting til I decided to put some tape on it a few hundred rounds later. :rofl:

You should tell people that blood is your gun's lube of choice. wink.gif

Do you guys have giant cave man hands or what? I can't figure out how you guys get your hands that close to the slide. I must have little girly mitts.

I have pretty big hands and the only time I've been slide-bitten by my 34 is when I was resting it to zero my sights.

I put one on my son's Gen 4 17 because I am a 1911 guy and don't own a "production" gun and I thought I could borrow his. It didn't cross my mind it might not be legal. Anyway, to answer the question, I like it. Not a huge difference, but makes the grip more to my liking. It does increase the reach to the trigger (I have short fingers).

Do you guys have giant cave man hands or what? I can't figure out how you guys get your hands that close to the slide. I must have little girly mitts.

No, in fact, my hands are rather small compared to others. My issue is I have a good bit of meat in the web between the thumb and forefinger and I have an extremely high grip, so it gets all pushed up. The slide doesn't so much cut me - rubs on the right side and the cocking serrations act like a little saw. The real issue is once I take a good rub, it puffs up a little more and then it's on for the rest of the match. Bigger hands probably would help better to fill out more around the grip and keeping the pushup from happening.

It does make for a rather interesting story when someone sees the red marks all along the right side of the slide at a match.

It does make for a rather interesting story when someone sees the red marks all along the right side of the slide at a match.

(I'm not trying to start a "bash IPSC" or "rules debate" thread. Just making a joke here:)

In International competition, those decorative stripes on the side of the gun would get you bumped to Open:

Other prohibited modifications include those which

facilitate faster reloading (e.g. flared, enlarged and/or add-on

magwells, etc.) changing the original color and/or finish of a

handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments.