Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The most important thing

benos

I like that! I do that too, prior to assuming any start position I always put one hand on the grip of the gun in a perfect grip and one hand on the first mag on my belt exactly like I am going to hold it when I would be pulling it out of the pouch for a reload. Even if the stage has no need for a reload I always start this way.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that! I do that too, prior to assuming any start position I always put one hand on the grip of the gun in a perfect grip and one hand on the first mag on my belt exactly like I am going to hold it when I would be pulling it out of the pouch for a reload. Even if the stage has no need for a reload I always start this way.

Funny... I do the same thing... I locate both and then leave my hand there to keep the RO at bay while I get my mind right.

Quick side trip for you new ROs... please look at the shooters hands before you give the ru-ready command.

JT

Edited by JThompson

I locate both and then leave my hand there to keep the RO at bay while I get my mind right.

Thanks for that tip. Never dawned on me but that's just what I need too.

Works good most of the time... it usually keeps you from getting the RU-Ready when you are not.

JT

Maybe the most important thing is to shoot with the desire to know where every shot will land via shot calling.

I've noticed that when pushing my capacity for speed and accuracy that the place that I try to speed up is my placement of the target spot. This results in charlies, deltas and, heaven forbid, mikes. However, if I don't skimp on calling the shot I can make it up and see that I need to increase my visual patience to prevent further hiccups during that COF.

I would think that shooting with the desire to know the end result of every shot fired would mean shooting with the desire to collect information via sights, target, feeling and everything in-between. The subconcious will then feed off this information and be allowed to do what it is trained to do absent conscious thought, such as make up a bad shot.