Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moly bullets through HK?

RAZZ

Does anyone here have any experience shooting moly bullets through an HK? I would assume the same potential problems that GLOCK shooters face would exist with an HK ('problems' may not be the right word--precautions perhaps).

Unlike other pistols ... HK uses a polygonal barrel which last longer and is alittle bit more accurate. It doesnt like anything thats not plated or jacketed... I've shot moly coated bullets thru my USP and my P30LS it was fine but just be ready to really really clean the barrel after the match...

• 1 month later...

I have shot 10,000x?? of precision bullets through my USP series in 40. I have gone at times several thousand rounds between a cleaning while doing some courses.

I bulk purchased way to much titegroup and load with that, its really too hot and if I start cranking up the charge you can end up burning up the round coating which then really gets things dirty quick. Hard to beat the price of the rounds for bulk reloading. My 650 and KISS bullet feader seem to do really well with them.

Racine... I will have to look into that Moly Magic. I only clean with an ultrasonic and spend very little time cleaning I must admit and I should maybe spend a little bit more time with barrel (the rest of the gun is spotless).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have shot 10,000x?? of precision bullets through my USP series in 40. I have gone at times several thousand rounds between a cleaning while doing some courses.

I bulk purchased way to much titegroup and load with that, its really too hot and if I start cranking up the charge you can end up burning up the round coating which then really gets things dirty quick. Hard to beat the price of the rounds for bulk reloading. My 650 and KISS bullet feader seem to do really well with them.

Racine... I will have to look into that Moly Magic. I only clean with an ultrasonic and spend very little time cleaning I must admit and I should maybe spend a little bit more time with barrel (the rest of the gun is spotless).

How do you like your ultrasonic cleaner? what type of liquid cleaner do you use.

• 2 weeks later...

no problem here in my experience. the hk polygonal bbls doesn't have the trenches like those in a glock, which is perhaps what creates the pressure probs with lead rounds.

Try some Bayou Bullets, the don't caca up a regular barrel and they should do better than PM or BBI in not fowling up the barrel.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no problem here in my experience. the hk polygonal bbls doesn't have the trenches like those in a glock, which is perhaps what creates the pressure probs with lead rounds.

Try some Bayou Bullets, the don't caca up a regular barrel and they should do better than PM or BBI in not fowling up the barrel.

+1

My Teammate shoots an HK P30 with 147gr 9mm Bayous. Great product, great accuracy!

No residue...