Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Man I miss this guy

I got to thinking about all the greats that are gone.... One of the first that came to my mind was the brilliant Warren Zevon. Fkn cancer :(

What is your favorite WZ song?

Lawyers Guns and Money!

Edited by JThompson

Erik Warren introduced me to the music of Warren Zevon -- after Zevon died in what? 2002? 2003?

I had never consciously heard anything of his prior to that.

Favorite tune -- there are many: Lawyers, Guns and Money; Roland the headless Thompson gunner, Carmelita, My Ride's Here, Werewolves in London, I was in the House when the House burned down.

For some reason though, Boom-Boom Mancini has been played more frequently in iTunes than any other -- so I guess it's Boom-Boom Mancini....

I'm glad to find a few of you out there that appreciate his talent as well...

Gary, that's an interesting story about him staying and writing in their cabin..... :rolleyes:

JT

I dug out my copy of "Stand in The Fire". Still rocks... :cheers:

Anybody that is a Warren Zevon fan should go to youtube and find the clips of him on Letterman. Him and Leterman were good friends, after he found out he had cancer, Letterman had him on the show. But he was the ONLY guest. The network was against it but Letterman did it anyway. The whole show is Letterman and Zevon talking and Zevon playing the classics. Zevon would also fill in for Paul Schafer when he was on vacation. Good stuff.

Tom

Anybody that is a Warren Zevon fan should go to youtube and find the clips of him on Letterman. Him and Leterman were good friends, after he found out he had cancer, Letterman had him on the show. But he was the ONLY guest. The network was against it but Letterman did it anyway. The whole show is Letterman and Zevon talking and Zevon playing the classics. Zevon would also fill in for Paul Schafer when he was on vacation. Good stuff.

Tom

Yup, good stuff there... he did indeed fill in on letterman. Those were the days I just wanted Letterman to stfu and let the band play. :)

JT