Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bayou 135 minor for glock

jswitt99

Getting ready to load my first rounds...

Can someone give me a starting point for a minor 9 load using bayou 135gr and wst? Shooting out of g17 to start and get my feet wet.

I dropped my N320 load for 124gr by .3gr and they seemed a bit on the hot side of the scale but shot very nice. With WST <=4.0gr would be a good start point, then either up or down, based upon an OAL of 1.145, shorter drop it down.

WST load data is fairly sparse to non existant, but W231 is very close with WST being just -.1gr on most loads. For comparision my 124gr jacketed bullet load with WST is 4.7gr and produces 134pf at OAL 1.145.

Can someone give me a starting point for a minor 9 load using bayou 135gr and wst? Shooting out of g17 to start and get my feet wet.

I dropped my N320 load for 124gr by .3gr and they seemed a bit on the hot side of the scale but shot very nice. With WST <=4.0gr would be a good start point, then either up or down, based upon an OAL of 1.145, shorter drop it down.

WST load data is fairly sparse to non existant, but W231 is very close with WST being just -.1gr on most loads. For comparision my 124gr jacketed bullet load with WST is 4.7gr and produces 134pf at OAL 1.145.

thank you sir!

when adjusting powder levels, .1 at a time right?

I did some verifications chrono testing of my load at Renton today for upcoming WA State IDPA Championships.

9mm Bear Creek 135g RN moly, 4.0g WST at 1.150 OAL with CCI SPP's out of my 5 inch STI Spartan, with 10# recoil spring.

Three strings of 5 shots each picked randomly from the 300 rounds I brought with me.

Averaged 133.7, 135.2 and 134.4 power factor….. Lowest velocity was 973 Fps, highest 1011 Fps.

This load is soft, clean and very accurate.

thank you sir!

Yes, again pay attention to the OAL! Short = less powder.

I did some verifications chrono testing of my load at Renton today for upcoming WA State IDPA Championships.

9mm Bear Creek 135g RN moly, 4.0g WST at 1.150 OAL with CCI SPP's out of my 5 inch STI Spartan, with 10# recoil spring.

Three strings of 5 shots each picked randomly from the 300 rounds I brought with me.

Averaged 133.7, 135.2 and 134.4 power factor….. Lowest velocity was 973 Fps, highest 1011 Fps.

This load is soft, clean and very accurate.

Thank you boxer. No chrono yet, so that is good info!

thank you sir!

Yes, again pay attention to the OAL! Short = less powder.

yes sir, loud and clear.... :cheers:

Many searches lead me to your previous posts about wst, thank you for all your insight! I may ping you later :D