Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any idea when the icore site will be updated? or when the cylinders turn will come out?

I posted on their facebook page and they advised it was going to be updated sunday but sunday came and went. Just curious what the word is...

viva la icore

if icore cant do a better job than there doing than iam only gonna shoot uspsa

ICORE activity peaks just before and after the IRC. Site upkeep has always tapered/slowed afterward. It is just not the full time organization that the USPSA is. For some of us, that is part of its charm. There isn't a "major" match every week.

As suggested before, I would like to see the regional matches dressed up some featuring a specific division and declaring a champion (while letting the other divisions participate in the match). I think this would increase interest in those matches and make it more worthwhile to travel to them. And, the "championships" could be distributed throughout the country.

And, I still think the Classic Division Championships should be held at Bubber's house

while we are on the subject.

I recently competed a ICORE regional event. They honored the top limited, top open, top classic and I believe the top senior for both staff and competitors.

There was approximately 77 shooters, they did not address any classification within each division which in my opinion was a huge mistake. While it isn't the monster that USPSA is I still have certain expectations of the organization.

I expect the newsletter to be distributed

I expect the classifications to be updated in a timely manner

I expect regional matches to be held every year, with recognition of individual classifications throughout the divisions.

It really isn't much to ask is it?

Edited by ChrisC

I do agree with ChrisC in that the classifications are kind of silly when there is only one match during the year where they are recognized. I like the organization though and what they are doing. Updating classifiers and the website would be kind of nice after the regional matches though.

Also, why is it that ICORE's biggest match of the year is at the beginning of the year? It kind of seems to take a lot of the wind out of the sails of the regional matches that follow it. I like the idea of the USPSA nationals that people sort of get pumped up for and more excited about after every area match and it all climaxes in one big event. All the smaller ones are sort of practice leading up to the big one. With IRC you shoot that then pretty much put the open revolver away for the rest of the year.

--Bruce

I do agree with ChrisC in that the classifications are kind of silly when there is only one match during the year where they are recognized. I like the organization though and what they are doing. Updating classifiers and the website would be kind of nice after the regional matches though.

Also, why is it that ICORE's biggest match of the year is at the beginning of the year? It kind of seems to take a lot of the wind out of the sails of the regional matches that follow it. I like the idea of the USPSA nationals that people sort of get pumped up for and more excited about after every area match and it all climaxes in one big event. All the smaller ones are sort of practice leading up to the big one. With IRC you shoot that then pretty much put the open revolver away for the rest of the year.

--Bruce

I think it is because ICORE has never been in real competition with the USPSA and put their International championship at the start of the year so its members can enjoy participating in USPSA championship matches without having conflicting dates.

My idea to have a divisional championship at the regional matches is an attempt to breathe some air into those sails.

And, we get to stay at Bubber's house

Edited by underlug

Dat is iffin youins kin fand it. Memeber you cain't accidentaly git to ma house. Sides dat, its gots wheels an I kin move it. Hey whar's ma duelin banjos emoticon??? :rolleyes:

Dat is iffin youins kin fand it. Memeber you cain't accidentaly git to ma house. Sides dat, its gots wheels an I kin move it. Hey whar's ma duelin banjos emoticon??? :rolleyes:

ez ta find....jess follow de trail of dropped speedloaders

by the way, I have some to drop. Just got a package back from Mr. Perdue

Edited by underlug