Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stay or Go

MarkCO

Instead of 2 seperate boxes, make it one long skinny shooting area and have shooters start in the rear of it. they can then decide if they want to run up or just stand and blast

Come now Mark, you are a CRO, get out the book. :devil:

JT

I know why. I had a different reasn for posting this one. I did not run it like it is written either.

I was commenting on what was written... as it was written it is illegal. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just stating a fact. :rolleyes:

JT

I was commenting on what was written... as it was written it is illegal. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just stating a fact. :rolleyes:

JT

No worries, would have done the same thing. More curious as to how some other designers try to keep the same intent and make it a legal medium course.

JT

No worries, would have done the same thing. More curious as to how some other designers try to keep the same intent and make it a legal medium course.

1) Require a reload. ;)

2) Move the two reward targets back so you can't shoot them from the forward position and then drop a couple of barrels on each side blocking one forward target on each side from the rearward view.

3)Use fault lines and drop a barrel down, so you need to move forward to see the activator, start them uprange with toes on line etc. That would force them to move downrange and by the time you can see the activator you need to be past a couple of targets, so you can't shoot the whole stage when the activator clears.

JT

Edited by JThompson

I think the hole point is to give people the choice of shooting far or running up and shooting closer, hiding targets so they are only visible from one box or the other changes the hole point of the stage. Everyone would shoot the target only visible from the far box, then move up and shoot the rest.

Put a vision/ hardcover barrier perpendicular to the back stop straight down the middle of the COF. At box 2 leave an opening, that would take care of the single view issue, and keep the original intent of near or far.

I think the hole point is to give people the choice of shooting far or running up and shooting closer, hiding targets so they are only visible from one box or the other changes the hole point of the stage. Everyone would shoot the target only visible from the far box, then move up and shoot the rest.

Put a vision/ hardcover barrier perpendicular to the back stop straight down the middle of the COF. At box 2 leave an opening, that would take care of the single view issue, and keep the original intent of near or far.

???

You are correct Joe.

What would you think of making box A a Bianchi barricade?

engage as visible from within either box. a mandatory reload must be performed between the 8th and 9th shot. (or something ot that effect).

or put a ported wall between the boxes and let them figure that out.

even if you put the barricade and a shooter CAN shoot them all from one view or location then it is still not legal.

Edited by spanky

engage as visible from within either box. a mandatory reload must be performed between the 8th and 9th shot. (or something ot that effect).

How will that make it legal? A "Speed Shoot" requires a single location or view, but the stage has two boxes and therefore two locations. The shooter is just given the option to not use the other location.

Edited by Skydiver

Good point. I stand by my ported wall then. :unsure:

I don't think it'll work because now all targets will be available from the forward box because the medium course requirements that not all targets be available from a single location.

My club did a similar risk vs reward stage last year, but it was designed as a short course with 8 rounds. A starting box was set about 110 ft from 4 open targets. There was a forward fault line about 10 feet from the targets. Comstock. Holstered unloaded gun. At start signal engage targets as visible within the shooting area. (Start box is part of the shooting area.)

Some people opted to run partway down the area while drawing and loading. People who knew they couldn't run or knew they would be too winded opted to stand and shoot. Some went prone or kneeling at the start position.

the wall I mentioned would go from the back stop to the uprange box. at the down range box there would be a gap in the fence at the box, SO shooters could stand at box one shoot half the targets on one side of wall, then the other half looking down other side, or they could run up and shoot the same way from box 2, or half and half it. Bianchi baricade at both boxes may not work if you could get all the targets from one side of barricade, Bianchi, combined with a bit of wall may work.

Mandatory reloads blow chunks. If I wanted to reload I would shoot SS