Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoresheets

BDH

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In WinMSS it is also a checkbox with the name "Zeroed Stage". It is not only for those people who have missing or illegible times on their score sheets. You should also use them for competitors who have to quit during a match for whatever other reason than DQ. Imagine a broken gun withour replacement possibilities, an urgent phonecall to return home / office / and so on. You have to enter something for the stages they have not shot. You cannot delete the competitor as he has already shot one or more stages and has some result. I doubt wheter the competitor will object to his deletion from the match results as it does not reflect his true ability. I have experienced it more than once that people had to drop out of the match I was running and requested to be deleted!

In MSS you entered zero score and zero time and the system responded with DNF and a zero score. Ah ... those old days! B)

Yoda,

That is true. I have also had several shooters that had to leave early, We have a couple that for personal reasons shoot till 2PM, then they leave, done or not. I have no idea their reason and don't care. They come out and work and help while they are there, then they leave at the time they have to leave. They get a DNF (Did Not Fire) for the stages that they did not shoot.

You can't enter a Zero Time if you enter points. So a missing time needs a way to be dealt with. Some mathematical thing about dividing by Zero. DNF.

Different from the old Did Not Finish. I think most of us realize that we need to score the targets to the last engaged and record penalties and time, then score.

Jim

I've never used EzyWinScore, but I understand there's a checkbox (?) labelled "Did Not Fire", which allows the scoring program to deal with a case of a  competitor who actually shot a stage ("Did Fire"), but where the time was not recorded.

Maybe the checkbox should be relabelled "Gremlins" or "Oops"?

Is there an echo in here? :rolleyes:

And also obviously for the competitor whose gun-broke-left-early, etc.