Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squadding

walter hornby

Howdy Guys

I haven't squad myself yet for the Open Nationals because I have no ideal how the match is set up. is understand there are going to be 20 stages and they are going to be shot over three days. Any ideals what squads are going to shot what days?

Howdy Guys

I haven't squad myself yet for the Open Nationals because I have no ideal how the match is set up. is understand there are going to be 20 stages and they are going to be shot over three days. Any ideals what squads are going to shot what days?

Good luck getting squaded. Last I looked there were only 5 opening with 40 un-squaded shooters!!!! WTF

Open/lim10/rev

Match Shot over 4 days, half day format. squads 1-18 AM,PM,AM,PM or squads 19-36 PM,AM,PM,AM.

MDA

• 2 weeks later...

well i got a reply back from USPSA and they are telling me i have to wait for someone to drop out of the match before i get a slut! what kind of BS is this,i pay for a slot and get told they are oversold and i have to wait! i am not going to spend a couple of grand on airfare and hotels and get to the match and be told i can't shoot because no one dropped out of the match or that i missed the spots that came open! i am a tad upset!

well i got a reply back from USPSA and they are telling me i have to wait for someone to drop out of the match before i get a slut! ..........

Must...........resist..............must................resist..................must.................resist..............

Based on this, maybe there will be more dropouts than you think..................

In all fairness, USPSA has never told me this, nor do I think they ever will.

Must..............resist................must................resist............

well i got a reply back from USPSA and they are telling me i have to wait for someone to drop out of the match before i get a slut! what kind of BS is this,i pay for a slot and get told they are oversold and i have to wait! i am not going to spend a couple of grand on airfare and hotels and get to the match and be told i can't shoot because no one dropped out of the match or that i missed the spots that came open! i am a tad upset!

If you have your slot paid for, and are listed on the self squadding site, you are in the match. They just need to figure out what squad your on. You will shoot.

I'm missing something. It looks like you're already squadded for the match. Is this something new?

USPSA Nationals Squadding Information

Some of you have noticed that there appear to be more competitors than spots available in squads for the USPSA Handgun Nationals. Rest assured that there is enough room for everybody entered into the match. This is the result of two things: overselling the match prior to the last full refund day, and allowing for a 10% overage, which accomodates walkups and last minute wait list people. The last full refund day is this Friday, August 19th, and we have historically had a significant number of cancellations prior to this date. Squadding was closed to allow for wait list people to be contacted and for cancellations to be processed. We are also currently making some moves on the squad lists, mostly within the super squads. After Friday, we will reopen the squads for self squadding.

This is how we've always done squadding for Nationals. Since the Nationals staff always handled squadding, nobody noticed. Now, with self-squadding, that process is transparent to the competitors. That's the only difference. If you have paid for a slot, you will be able to squad yourself prior to the match.

Troy McManus

RM, USPSA Handgun Nationals.