Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 5 Championship

Now I see what all the hubbub was over the match filling up. The only thing left are all day format! Ugh...

Everybody I know is already signed up or saving space for their team mates.

Anybody shooting all day Saturday and got room for a straggler?

There's not a lot of walking involved, as long as the weather is good shouldn't be too bad.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have an ideal of when the web site will be updated? get an ideal of the stages & round count

Round count will be around 300 give or take. The event is still 4 months off, but expect to see some stages gy months end; not that ever means anything, they rarely look the same when you get them on the ground. ;)

JT

expect to see some stages gy months end; not that ever means anything, they rarely look the same when you get them on the ground. ;)

JT

Ain't that the truth. Even local matches end up that way!

have an ideal of when the web site will be updated? get an ideal of the stages & round count

Round count will be around 300 give or take. The event is still 4 months off, but expect to see some stages gy months end; not that ever means anything, they rarely look the same when you get them on the ground. ;)

JT

Thanks

Where is the best area to stay taking into account dinner, beverages & entertainment befor and after the match?

Rock Falls Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn) 2105 First Ave, Rock Falls, IL 61071; ph 815-626-5500.

dinner in hotel, fairly nice restaurant (great chicken) across the street. fast food between range and hotel.

List of hotels and restaurants on a5match.info

Dale Hayen, MD

Is rock falls the best area to stay? It appears to be about 30 minutes from the range.

Rock Falls and Dixon are about the same distance. About 20 mi from the range. Freeport is approximately 30 mi to the hotels. Travel time may be just about a wash.

I never could find a listing for a motel or anything in Polo? Never been...

Population appears to be around 3k. May explain why. Freeport is more like 25k and 30 minutes away.

Dale Hayen, MD

I hear this a lot but the truth is there is absolutely no info there regarding hotels, food, directions, etc.

Dale Hayen, MD

I hear this a lot but the truth is there is absolutely no info there regarding hotels, food, directions, etc.

Actually, it's there, but for some reason it doesn't show unless you are logged in. Since I'm always logged in I didn't know it was missing. Anyway, I have put it there another way, so you don't need to be logged in to see it.

I'm glad someone finally brought this up as it looked fine to me!

You can find hotels and food here

You can find address and directions here.

Sorry for the confusion my friends...

JT

Edited by JThompson

Two of my sons are shooting this one with me, #1 & #3. Hope I don't forget what I'm supposed to do worrying aboit them. On the line at the Bianchi I had one of them on each side of me. Nerve wracking!

Two of my sons are shooting this one with me, #1 & #3. Hope I don't forget what I'm supposed to do worrying aboit them. On the line at the Bianchi I had one of them on each side of me. Nerve wracking!

You will do fine... looking forward to seeing you again. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Okay ladies and Gents, this isn't there yet, need some white outline around the DC in DVC and a few other odds and ends, but this is pretty much it. The shirt will have a V neck and goes for $65 on the TechWear website. Thanks to Bob and Mark Quinn of Techwear and Gargoyle for making this possible.

We will have Techwear V Neck shirts for purchase for $37.50!

That is zero mark-up for us. We wanted to keep the shirt less busy, so you will be able to wear it more...

Anyway, here is the basic design and we will post a link here and on the match site, as well as email bomb all competitors with a link to purchase the shirt.

Damned file won't attach ~sigh~

***CLICK HERE***

Edited by JThompson

Okay ladies and Gents, this isn't there yet, need some white outline around the DC in DVC and a few other odds and ends, but this is pretty much it. The shirt will have a V neck and goes for $65 on the TechWear website. Thanks to Bob and Mark Quinn of Techwear and Gargoyle for making this possible.

We will have Techwear V Neck shirts for purchase for $37.50!

That is zero mark-up for us. We wanted to keep the shirt less busy, so you will be able to wear it more...

Anyway, here is the basic design and we will post a link here and on the match site, as well as email bomb all competitors with a link to purchase the shirt.

Damned file won't attach ~sigh~

***CLICK HERE***

nice looking shirt, and can't beat that price!

Still cheaper, than if you called up to order...Just the set up fee is $25. Id have to see what the group want to do...don't wanna be the only knuckle head

I called him back and the deal is for staff only.