Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Area 5 Championship

I spoke to all the candidates for Area 5 at Area 5 and they all agreed to honor Gary's wishes and word to us to give us a second match, We intend to make the most of it. We had more guns given away than any Area match in 2010 and hope to put even more on the table next year.

The where will be Tri County Gun Club, in Polo, IL.

This is the same range it was at in 2010 and the same guys doing the work. The Prez just got approval to put in two more pistol bays before the match, :) That gives us the ability to put on a 15-16 stage match. :wacko:

We are thinking either June 7-10 or 14-17 as the dates.

Please vote in the pole errr poll (thnx Chuck)... remember Father's day is the 17th?

Let us know.... We only had 5 months to put it together in 2010. I plan on getting a jump on it for next year.

We need setup crew!!

JT

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point on the HUGE conflict with DoubleTap JT.

June 14-17 gets my vote.

Yes, if they stick to the first weekend, it puts us on the very next weekend. That could be a bummer as it's hard to get off for two weeks in a row and have all that travel between.

I'd really like to have, at least, two weeks between the two matches to allow people time to recover and travel.

JT

Someone PMed me saying that having 15 stages might be a little to much for one day.... :devil:

I was just saying that the Club had the ability to do that, but we are not doing 15, we will be doing 12 stages. Round count 300 min. June is a fickle month and if the weather is nasty, anything more than 12 can be brutal in a one day format.

The other option, in the future, would be to make it a half day format and do as many stages as we want... Not sure I want to go there either. :unsure:

Besides, I think I will be retiring as a LIII MD after this match. I'm going to get back to work on my RM stuff and go in that direction. Doing the MD thing is rewarding when you sit at lunch with all you guys eating and think... hey, we did this! The stress of getting it all together and making it all run smoothly is another story. :wacko:

I've been working on some new prop designs that have never been seen before. Tom Drazy doesn't know it yet, but he has some work to do for us. Also, I spoke to the guys at MGM at the end of last year and I want them involved too. Great guys, both father and son.

Within the next month we should have the sign-up going and start putting together staff for the event. I'm think about stages everyday now and ideas are forming. I plan to have them done very early this year!

JT

Edited by JThompson

Here's a possible prop I've been thinking about for a few days. I want to make some stuff that has never been seen....

JT

Seems doable. Say put it out at 15-17 yards and let it separate the men from the boys so to speak.

Another prop I've been thinking about for some time.... just haven't built it yet.I'll either add some hard cover or a couple no-shoots to back everyone down a bit. I have yet to figure out how I want them to drop. All at once or in a cascade... need to figure it out so it's bullet proof and stable.

JT

~$DropDown.pdf

Edited by JThompson

• 3 weeks later...

The match fee has been increased by $15. It was a hard decision to make.

Let me explain why... more dollars equal more $ and guns to pay to shooters! That's it and the bottom line.

I think we are going to hire the guy who did last years Prize table and let him handle the whole thing... he did a good job with it and I don't want to deal with it.

Then there will be the top prizes... not confirmed yet, but here's what I'm thinking... the overall winner in each division (X number of shooters) will walk out of there with a check for $1000 and maybe a gun too depending on how that end goes. :surprise:

I can't wait to see you all again!

JT

Edited by JThompson