Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide glide on XDm

e-mishka

From the Slide Glide description it says that heavy viscosity kind will work great on "loose top ends" guns like glocs and xds.

Can someone explain how it will improve performance of XDM?

Im gonna order Lite viscosity for my Buckmark, but do I really need Heavy one for xdm or i can just use Lite?

The way it does that is by staying where you apply it.

From Brian E.s page on it:

"Additionally, it is engineered to have a stringy characteristic that prevents "tracking" or shearing on sliding metal surfaces. It stays put - ceaselessly dragging itself back into the friction areas of the cycling slide and barrel."

Basically, it does not get pushed out of the way like normal grease or a light oil would over time. That means it acts as sort of a "buffer" compound.

I am sure Brian could answer this better than I, or you can do a search for it and find all kinds of previous posts on it. :)

I use regular slide glide on my Buckmark with no issues. Just don't glob it on.

Use the Light year-round or switch out lubes when the temp. drops.

I use Standard year-round, but winters here aren't much to speak of.

We put in on all the pistols we work on and use the lite. One of the things I like about it is that it doesn't run out down the end of the pistol on a long day of hot shooting, it tends to stay put well.

• 2 weeks later...

Use the Light year-round or switch out lubes when the temp. drops.

I use Standard year-round, but winters here aren't much to speak of.

We put in on all the pistols we work on and use the lite. One of the things I like about it is that it doesn't run out down the end of the pistol on a long day of hot shooting, it tends to stay put well.

It sure does stay where you put it! I use nothing but, on my XDm.