Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
perrysho

NEW XL650 DILLON SLINGS POWDER

New Dillon XL 650 delivered yesterday, have a small problem need advice/help.

I have a 550 and two red presses, had it set-up running in 2-3 hours, very nice.

Problem, when it advances the shell plate, has a snappy lil action that slings a few granuals of powder out of the cases. This happens as shell plate snaps in position at station 3 and station 4. Not enough to effect the load, just irritate, I'm a neat/keep everything clean type.

Is there a fix or will it settle as the new wears off ??

Loading 4.7 WST & 165 gr RNFP

This is a quality, super loader, wish I had bought one a long time ago hind sight is 20-20.

Thanks,

Perry

Quick answer: Cut one coil off the spring that sits under the ball bearing under the shellplate. This is what many do and it works well enough. Another option is the shellplate bearing kit. Available on Ebay for a reasonable price. It is what I use on my 650. http://cgi.ebay.com/Shellplate-bearing-kit-Dillon-XL-650-/300359068964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45eecbad24

Tom

Thanks Gentleman,

I cut off about 1 1/2 coils and reshaped the end, a tiny bit of synethic grease on the ball and under the shell plate, works OK now and powder stays in the cases.

Thanks again,

Perry