Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Demotivation

dsb45acp

Find the middle of the target; shoot the middle of the target. And repeat, endlessly.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal that for a while.

.I was "hot local shooter who chokes at big matches" for a long time. It actually felt good to screw up at a big match because it relaxed me...I was me again. That self-image WILL NOT ALLOW a good clean match. It doesn't know how to handle it because it's not normal.i was used to kicking ass locally and struggling nationally/regionally and I became that self-image.After awhile on that wheel, I just decided to....wait for it..................................................................Put two alphas in every target.

I may not be the "hot local shooter...," but this does describe me fairly closely. I did tend to screw up at larger matches and it really bothered me because I really wanted to shoot at the level I know I can shoot at. I realized that I was putting way more pressure on myself than I needed to. Now I go to shoot my game and have fun. I'll check my scores when I'm done.

Find the middle of the target; shoot the middle of the target. And repeat, endlessly.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to steal that for a while.

.I was "hot local shooter who chokes at big matches" for a long time. It actually felt good to screw up at a big match because it relaxed me...I was me again. That self-image WILL NOT ALLOW a good clean match. It doesn't know how to handle it because it's not normal.i was used to kicking ass locally and struggling nationally/regionally and I became that self-image.After awhile on that wheel, I just decided to....wait for it..................................................................Put two alphas in every target.

I may not be the "hot local shooter...," but this does describe me fairly closely. I did tend to screw up at larger matches and it really bothered me because I really wanted to shoot at the level I know I can shoot at. I realized that I was putting way more pressure on myself than I needed to. Now I go to shoot my game and have fun. I'll check my scores when I'm done.

As my friend Rondy would have said, "There ya go."

A part of getting better - the better you get, the more you have to figure out how to allow your skill set to manifest. Like you said, shoot your game and have fun. Good stuff.

be

What is your goal?

This was a great question for me. I wanted to "get out of D" with every gun. So I made C in 5 Divisions but found I couldn't compete very well with the other C's. Now, instead of "trying to get to B" I'm going to be the best C at every match I can by focusing on fundamentals. The "B" class will take care of itself. Otherwise, I'm just a good classifier shooter.

I think this will be a more satisfying progression for me.

Edited by t0066jh