Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady full length .40 sizing die

I'm sorry I tried the U-Die, admittedly it helped some, but I still had rejects. A $21.00 lee single stage press and the Redding GRX cured the problem. Now I can load a 1000 rounds and they are all good. I have since bought the 40 dies for my CasePro but still use the GRX.

I'm sorry I tried the U-Die, admittedly it helped some, but I still had rejects. A $21.00 lee single stage press and the Redding GRX cured the problem. Now I can load a 1000 rounds and they are all good. I have since bought the 40 dies for my CasePro but still use the GRX.

Did you buy the adapter and bottle or rig up your own holder for the sized cases? I've thought about trying one myself. Even though what I have is working really well, I always like to tinker.

Did you buy the adapter and bottle or rig up your own holder for the sized cases? I've thought about trying one myself. Even though what I have is working really well, I always like to tinker.

I got the bottle and adapter as well, from Midway USA. To the how much time, you can actually use it two ways. The normal way, running all your brass thru it, I can do about 1000 cases an hour. I only do them when I have a 3# coffee can full. Way #2, and I'll say it can be dangerous but I have done it a buch, don't stand over it, I run only the rejects thru the GRX. It normally cleans them right up and they drop check.

I can't believe buying a Redding die for what? Close to $90 or more? when the Lee FCD and bulge buster kit (and the recommended Lee Reloading Press) works great.

My Hornady New dimension sizing dies size a bit lower than other sizing dies, but it simply forms a raised ridge at the case web. I do not think any sizing die can remove the bulge any where near what the bulge buster/Redding dies will. It is just very hard, for me sometimes, to push the head of the case through.

For .40, I simply run all my deprimed, inspected, and clean cases through the bulge buster out in my garage before the cases ever come in the house for loading.

• 4 weeks later...

I. bought the egw u die and it is working great. Only a few hundred rounds in but things are going well. Admittedly, I am using a glock factory barrel and I could probably drop a 45 case into it, as loose as the chamber is.