Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 - Generation 4 - Tuned for IPSC Open

3-Gun Sweden

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest news:

I used the blue Glockworxs 12 lbs spring, see picture below.

Using this I can now shoot Magtech 9B minor ammo with the compensator mounted. Great news!

Why this solution, to use 9 mm?

To keep things cheap(er) and simple, use the same ammo as I have in other guns.

For competition my target is to use major ammo, but I know nothing about reloading! :rolleyes:

Any suggestions on what to load?

Julklapp-4.JPG

For competition my target is to use major ammo, but I know nothing about reloading! :rolleyes:

As for load data, do you reload now? if not, can you get your hands on any +p or +p+ ammo? out of your regular glock barrel, +p might be able to make Major, +p+ should for sure. This is probably not a good idea to shoot this ammo in your gun a lot, so reloading is probably the way to go. On the other hand, this +p will give you an idea of what you will have to reload.

btw, nice build-I put together a glock open gun with the help of SJC, yeah it has a c-more, but I shoot minor (makes the challenge even better, shoot all alpha's and it doesn't matter). post-32096-0-13417800-1310784304_thumb.j

Just wondering if that extended mag release from zev fit the gen 4 glocks? And a picture of it on if it does. Thanks

No, it does not fit Gen 4. I bought it by mistake.

As for load data, do you reload now? if not, can you get your hands on any +p or +p+ ammo? out of your regular glock barrel, +p might be able to make Major, +p+ should for sure. This is probably not a good idea to shoot this ammo in your gun a lot, so reloading is probably the way to go. On the other hand, this +p will give you an idea of what you will have to reload.

btw, nice build-I put together a glock open gun with the help of SJC, yeah it has a c-more, but I shoot minor (makes the challenge even better, shoot all alpha's and it doesn't matter). post-32096-0-13417800-1310784304_thumb.j

No, it do not reload now and I do not have any equipment.

I might be able to get some help from friends however in their machines, but have no idea what to get.

Thanks!

who did the work on your slide? That looks awesome!

who did the work on your slide? That looks awesome!

SJC did all the work, I must say it does look very good! It was a caspian slide that needed to be reduced by a few more ounces, so they shaved it down, I wasn't expecting it to look so good

Fantastic post!!!!! Very nice build! I cant wait to build an open gun!!

What was your final trigger pull?

Thanks!

I haven't measured the pull, thanks for reminding me. Will post as soon as I have a clue (may take a while).

"loko3" doing the work. Perhaps lucky I didn't do this all by myself...

Glockworx-Glock34-1.JPG

Glockworx-Glock34-2.JPG

Glockworx-Glock34-3.JPG

22 shots inside. How can I get more for IPSC Open legal 170 mm?

Glockworx-Glock34-4.JPG

Erik, you need Taylor Freelance 170mm mag extensions. They give you 28 rounds. BUT in my guns they do NOT like short length cartridges. Loaded to 28mm they are fine.

Erik, you need Taylor Freelance 170mm mag extensions. They give you 28 rounds. BUT in my guns they do NOT like short length cartridges. Loaded to 28mm they are fine.

Thanks. I know about them and I think I have to order one to try.

But I've heard people report problems with them, but as with everything you have to try it yourself.

Learning by doing...

PS Anyone with a G35 or Glock .40S&W might be interested in this, seems like a new product?

Glock Maxi Magazin .40/.357 - 22 rounds, 165 mm, so IPSC Open legal.

http://www.gunrack.de/shopware.php/Glock-Zubehoer/Magazine-und-Zubehoer/Glock-Maxi-Magazin-.40/.357

• 4 weeks later...