Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best .22 upper?

MickB

I currently have a Tactical Solutions dedicated .22 upper, but am curious as to what else is out there.

I'm finding some annoying ejection issues with the Tac Sol unit.

Any thoughts on the Nordic or CMMG dedicated uppers?

How are these units for reliability and accuracy?

Mick

I purchased a jp/ nordic 22 upper and it works all the time. I have never owned a tac-sol but I have had 2 different dedicated 22 uppers(a victor arms and dpms) and this is first one that has been reliable. It is a mirror image of my ctr-o2 and weighs the same.

I won a CMMG .22 rimfire rifle and have had great luck with it. I did try a different lower with an AR Gold trigger and some fail to fire problems. Went back to the mil-spec trigger and it has been 100%. Accuracy is excellent with Federal bulk pack, haven't tried any other ammo.

Love my Nordic as well. Mine has the 16" bbl with their longest handguard. They will make it for you with any handguard you ask. Neet thing is I put my supressor on mine and it runs great with subsonic by clipping a couple coils from the recoil spring. Still runs 100% with all regular ammo. With the 16 bbl overall length is about an inch shorter for the whole rifle due to how the bbl nests into the upper farther than a 223. Withe the sppressor the whole rifle is the same length as my 20" bbl game gun.

Edited by mpeltier

I just received a brand new CMMG 16" Evolution Upper (SS w/ BHOA adapter). The BHOA won't work with my current lower because the bolt release spring it too stiff. In the ~200 rounds of Federal bulk pack that I've put down range there have been at least the FTE stove pipe jams. Adding more lube seemed to resolve the FTE problem. I've only had one range session with the upper so far.

I'm leaning towards the Nordic 18".

Any chance they will do this with the Xlong 14" float tube?

Are they still giving the 10% discount to forum members?

Mick

If they won't Loki will sell u one cheap. I took mine off my Loki and put it on my Nordic upper and it's sic'

I have a Tac Sol barrel and bolt that I built into a dedicated rifle and it runs well, but with only one type of ammunition. I am looking to purchase a Nordic as a buddy of mine has one and it runs on a much wider span of ammo. Both have JP triggers in the lowers they are being used with.

Love my Nordic as well. Mine has the 16" bbl with their longest handguard. They will make it for you with any handguard you ask. Neet thing is I put my supressor on mine and it runs great with subsonic by clipping a couple coils from the recoil spring. Still runs 100% with all regular ammo. With the 16 bbl overall length is about an inch shorter for the whole rifle due to how the bbl nests into the upper farther than a 223. Withe the sppressor the whole rifle is the same length as my 20" bbl game gun.

I have the 16" barrel with an adapter and my 5.7x28 suppressor on it. Nordic does sell a lighter spring for use with suppressors.

What's the lead time on a NC upper these days? I periodically check their website, but they are ALWAYS out of stock. Do I need to call and get on a waiting list or is there some other way? Thanks in advance.

My Nordic upper has the 18" barrel and shoots ragged one hole groups from 50 yards and sub MOA groups at 100 yards from the bench. I have used CCI Mini Mags and the new CCI AR bullets with the same results. My lower has a JP trigger and speed hammer.

• 6 years later...

Friends,

Happy 2018 to all!!

I would like to re-open the discussion in regards to the best .22LR upper.

I have a chiappa 22LR M4 Gen II Pro Series upper. I actually just purchased it last December during boxing week. Right now, I upgrade the handguard with aluminum, put a Bushnell TRS 25 on top of UTG 0.83" mount. I am not yet able to test it. My lower are windham and norc.

I would like to ask for your opinion and whether the cmmg 25 rds 22LR mags is fit with this upper.

Thanks