Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 USPSA Revolver Nationals

I just checked the self-squadding page for the Revolver Nationals.

As of July 10th, there are 25 revo shooters on the list [including the cryptic Comp #294].

My assumption is that postings with just a Competitor number wish to remain anonymous.

There are three ladies listed. In addition to perennial attendee Annette Aysen are Bobbie Jo Repar and Julie Golob.

Right now, Squad 16 has the most revo shooters at 11, but that may change if and when a Revolver Super Squad is formed.

• 2 weeks later...

Memphis is always a great match, but (at least for now) it's not the USPSA Nationals. USPSA Nationals is still the premiere event of the USPSA Revo Division shooting season--it's the big show!

By looking at the numerical comparisons of topics, replies, and comments on this revolver forum, it seems there should be more revolver slots for the nationals. Looks like the revolver forum is second only to production. I'm just saying, revolver representation is looking strong and appears to be getting stonger, so how about some rewards.

I don't know, part of me thinks it should only be the best of the best shooting but i know that isn't the case.. but there should be more revo's allowed.. im just not sure if I'd fully support an open door policy...

We all ready have an open door policy. Anybody can go to nationals. You just have to get on the wait list when it opens. It is not that hard to go to nationals. Our section got a lot more slots than normal this year, we gave a lot of them back to USPSA because no one wanted them. The rumor is that if you walk up the day of the match, they will let you shoot. I have heard that they have never turned any walk ups away.

My inference was for more slots for revolver shooters, not open door policy at all. I just think 25 revolver shooters is a low ratio compared to other classes. Revolver slot demand appears just as high, for a national match, as other classes. therefore, why not balance out the number of slots of the other classes shooting. 100 of the best L10, 100 of the best revolver, 100 best open, not 75, 25, 200, respectfully. Maybe I'm missing something on the slot allocation by class process.

Yes, you're missing the fact that the slot is for the O/L10/R Nats, not for Revo in particular. They don't care which of those options you choose. Most of the shooters who get the slots will be running Open guns.

I'm not sure this year's Nationals will allow walk-on entries. One of my local shooting friends has been on the wait list and still hasn't received confirmation that he will make it in. Demand for Nationals in Vegas this year seems pretty high. I am disappointed that more people haven't made the effort to shoot Revo at Nationals this year. Maybe we didn't talk it up enough when the sign-up process was underway. Most of those who are shooting are the hard-core regulars who shoot every year. Most of the top wheels will be there.

Thanks Mike for the claification, I found the policy you were refering to, with regards to how the slot may be used for any class at the match. Then if Single Stack has a lone national match with 350 shooters, why shouldn't We as revolver shooters lobby for a lone revolver national match. Yes, Memphis would be a great comparitor or substitute. But how about a national title not just local knowledge among revolver class. Again, only 25 shooters for a national title match, minus the returning champion and regional winners with only those matches over 10 entries, just doesn't seem to qualify as a premier event, seems more like an after thought or courtesy event, as compared to a match like Memphis or the IRC.

With that said, maybe a revolver USPSA national lone match is worth lobbying effort.

Thanks Mike for the claification, I found the policy you were refering to, with regards to how the slot may be used for any class at the match. Then if Single Stack has a lone national match with 350 shooters, why shouldn't We as revolver shooters lobby for a lone revolver national match. Yes, Memphis would be a great comparitor or substitute. But how about a national title not just local knowledge among revolver class. Again, only 25 shooters for a national title match, minus the returning champion and regional winners with only those matches over 10 entries, just doesn't seem to qualify as a premier event, seems more like an after thought or courtesy event, as compared to a match like Memphis or the IRC.

With that said, maybe a revolver USPSA national lone match is worth lobbying effort.

True, But we got to get the numbers up first. As of yet we have not had enough Revo shooters at major matches to be Recognized much less get a slot ot the Nats. At the Double Tap Championships there was only one Revo there. Now the Area and Sectionals seem to be improving a bit. There are at least 10 signed up for Area 4 thus far. We just need to keep pluggin. Later rdd

i dont think thats a great poicy to tell people to show up because thats not true ! thats alot of money and time on just a maybe they will let you shoot if you want more revolver shooters then put the nationals back in the midwest where most of the top revolver shooters are insteed of going along way the nationals should be at a different range every year if they brought it back to tulsa i would bring around 15 to 20 revo shooters with me or some where easier to drive to than vegas

After lettin the issue simmer a while. How do you go about getting a a lone Revolver national match, like the single stack national match, approved by USPSA. Who are the decision makers? Is it sponsor driven?

Lobby your AREA DIRECTOR to work with Sam Keene to have the Memphis revo match become the Revo Nationals, just like with the Single Stack Classic.

Paul

Better yet, vote for Sam Keene for USPSA president and you will get a stand alone revolver nationals and a USPSA president who has declared that he will take a leave of absence from his regular job for the term of his presidency and USPSA will have its first full time president. Not just another pretty face. ;)

+1

Received my ballot yesterday. Voted for Sam. It's in the mail.

On another note... before this thread gets cancelled... here is the current squadding of the 24 revolver shooters at the Nationals. The Revolver Super Squad is Squad 7. I don't see Cliff Walsh on any of the squads, or in the Unsquadded list. Otis???

REVOLVER SHOOTERS

Annette B Aysen - REV Squad 7 Competitor 277

Elliot C Aysen - REV Squad 7 Competitor 295

John Bagakis - REV Squad 7 Competitor 378

Mike Carmoney - REV Squad 7 Competitor 190

Julie A Golob - REV Squad 7 Competitor 255

MATT GRIFFIN - REV Squad 7 Competitor 31

Gregg Kratochvil - REV Squad 7 Competitor 309

Joshua E Lentz - REV Squad 7 Competitor 38

Jerry Miculek - REV Squad 7 Competitor 3

David Olhasso - REV Squad 7 Competitor 359

Robert H Lee - REV Squad 9 Competitor 223

Vincent Sargentini - REV Squad 9 Competitor 140

Richard E Timberlake - REV Squad 15 Competitor 67

Robert A Burkindine - REV Squad 16 Competitor 294

Stanley J Penkala - REV Squad 16 Competitor 70

Robert Perdue - REV Squad 16 Competitor 203

Bobbie Jo Repar - REV Squad 16 Competitor 123

Mark Repar - REV Squad 16 Competitor 122

Ron Troyer - REV Squad 16 Competitor 88

Jesse M Wills - REV Squad 16 Competitor 91

James Austin - REV Squad 17 Competitor 19

Kevin Greeley - REV Squad 20 Competitor 76

Alan Kies - REV Squad 25 Competitor 136

Brian Noel - REV Squad 25 Competitor 135

Better yet, vote for Sam Keene for USPSA president and you will get a stand alone revolver nationals and a USPSA president who has declared that he will take a leave of absence from his regular job for the term of his presidency and USPSA will have its first full time president. Not just another pretty face. ;)

I mailed mine today. Good luck Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been keeping track of Revo shooters on the Nationals Squadding List, and regret to pass on the information that the count is down from what I posted at the beginning of the month.

Best info I have from the USPSA Nationals webpage is:

REVOLVER SHOOTERS - As of August 29, 2011

1. Annette B Aysen - REV Squad 7 Competitor 277

2. Elliot C Aysen - REV Squad 7 Competitor 295

3. John Bagakis - REV Squad 7 Competitor 378

4. Mike Carmoney - REV Squad 7 Competitor 190

5. Julie A Golob - REV Squad 7 Competitor 255

6. MATT GRIFFIN - REV Squad 7 Competitor 31

7. Gregg Kratochvil - REV Squad 7 Competitor 309

8. Joshua E Lentz - REV Squad 7 Competitor 38

9. Jerry Miculek - REV Squad 7 Competitor 3

10. David Olhasso - REV Squad 7 Competitor 359

11. Jesse M Wills - REV Squad 7 Competitor 91

12. Robert H Lee - REV Squad 9 Competitor 223

13. Vincent Sargentini - REV Squad 9 Competitor 140

14. Stanley J Penkala - REV Squad 16 Competitor 70

15. Robert Perdue - REV Squad 16 Competitor 203

16. Bobbie Jo Repar - REV Squad 16 Competitor 123

17. Mark Repar - REV Squad 16 Competitor 122

18. Ron Troyer - REV Squad 16 Competitor 88

19. James Austin - REV Squad 17 Competitor 19

20. Kevin Greeley - REV Squad 20 Competitor 76

21. Alan Kies - REV Squad 25 Competitor 136

22. Brian Noel - REV Squad 25 Competitor 135

Note that Junior shooter Jesse Wills has been moved to the Revolver Super Squad, so he can expect to get some air time when Shooting USA does it's video journalism on the Nationals.

Regret to see that Tim Timberlake & Rob Burkendine are no longer on the list.