Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm conceal carry

KAHR PM9 with a Super-Tuck IWB. I sometimes forget I have it on. No, not cheap. You get quality, reliability, and a smooth trigger pull.

Note- To make the CW9 35-40% cheaper( over the PM9 ), they had to cut some corners. They retained the excellent trigger ( actually, the entire lower is the same), and the "corners" they cut were for the most part cosmetic. The only "non" cosmetic shortcut is that they "pinned" the front sight, as opposed to the PM9 being dovetailed. You may be unable to install night-sights.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

I carry a S&W M&P full size (4.25inch) 9mm every day in a CompTac IWB holster. No issues with comfort or weight. 17 rounds of Federal 9mm +P+. I also have a Glock 26 but it is not that big a deal to carry a full size pistol. I am not that big - 5 ft 9 and 190 lbs. Live in GA - camp shirts untucked are your friend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a poor guy and I didn't want my 1911 to get stolen or confiscated (eventhough I have a CCW permit) so I bought a Hi-Point C9--9mm for my carry weapon. I know some of you out there hate Hi-Points, but for a small price I don't care if it gets stolen/confiscated as I won't be out too much $. I had to work on the mags as that is the weakest part of any self loading automatic pistol and I finally got it to function properly. I even polished the feed ramp. Now it shoots fine and I think I could count on it if my life depended on it. BC

Edited by Boolit Caster

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for the PM9 as a small pocket carry. I've carried one for years when the weather is too warm for a cover-up for my G23 or Colt Defender .45. I carry the PM9 in a 5 Shot Leather pocket holster. It's great in pants with roomy pockets, and cargo shorts.

An update since my last post. I picked up a Keltec PF9 off a prize table. I was in the market for a micro 9mm so it was perfect timing. Shooting two handed the recoil is a bit harsh, shooting one handed is actually much better. Accuracy was great although it shoots a bit high. Doesn't bother me though, this isn't something I shoot regularly. Just enough for some grip n rip drills and function tests with carry ammo. It has spoiled me. It is so light and so small, the m&p9c now feels huge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

KAHR P9 and it works really well carried in an Uncle Mikes's Sidekick inside the waist ban holster size 36. The holster is inside the pants and the clip goes over the pants and under the belt. It has a notch on the inside of the clip that the belt causes the notch to press into the cloth and there is a notch on the outside of the clip that fits below the belt when the clip is placed over the top of the pants and the notch is at the bottom of the clip which goes under the belt and the notch on the outside of the clip helps prevent the clip from riding up.

I have tried several others and have found this pistol and holster combination to work the best. Easy to draw and not that difficult to re holster but the pistol is the size that can be dropped into the pocket if necessary after using. The pistol holds nine rounds with one in the chamber and with some hot nines it will do the job.

Oldtrooper

• 1 year later...

I have updated my P01 with several upgrades recently. Here is my ultimate carry pistol

I have the same carry gun except with VZ grips- love it.

I just had the VZ's last week and traded for these. I like these so far but the grip on the VZ's was better.