Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Rigs...

Blcksmk

I have been messing around with my production rig and position of my CR speed pouches. I notice some people drop the first pouch down and all the other pouches high up. I have also seen how some space their pouches out as where others keep them pushed together?

How do you have your rig set-up and why?

For a waist size of 30, there is not really a good real estate to place 6 pouches other than having them close together.. BUT im not size 30, lol. I wear a way bigger belt but i still have them close together, it works. CR speed logo is under the belt so i have the pouches higher. Its just easier to grab mags this way. Try what works for you, doesnt matter how it looks on mine, its what works for you that is important.

Very true. I'm one of those guys who have a hard time fitting 6 pouches because of my 30" waist. :roflol: I'll probably keep them set-up higher and push them all together as much as possible.

I use 4 CR speed pouches. All are spaced apart a bit and the last one is angled forward for easier access.

I wear 4 pouches and keep my "make ready" mag in my back pocket

Just 4? I have always heard to have 5 or 6 on the belt with an extra in my pocket?

I run a Uncle Mikes black Kydex for a G17RTF2. I have it on a DOH. I also have the same brand double mag pouches, three of them, on my belt. I find them good enough for me now. I am faster with them than my limited rig w/ CR versas, and Bladetech DOH.

Really like the G17. I think we were made for each other. I find that every nuance to the grip is perfect fit for my hands.

JZ

I'm using 5 of the Ready Tactical pouches. They're pretty compact and I can fit 5 in the amount of space which I used to keep 4 Comp-Tac pouches.

After hearing so many good things about Ready Tactical I need to make the switch. I have 4 CR Speed pouches now and they seem to wrap around my body and I'm tired of reaching around my body to get to the 4'th mag. :yawn:

I run a Uncle Mikes black Kydex for a G17RTF2. I have it on a DOH. I also have the same brand double mag pouches, three of them, on my belt. I find them good enough for me now. I am faster with them than my limited rig w/ CR versas, and Bladetech DOH.

Really like the G17. I think we were made for each other. I find that every nuance to the grip is perfect fit for my hands.

JZ

I too shoot a G17. Love it. Wouldn't give it up for any gun.

I run the Comp-Tac Belt Feed just behind the hip bone and one CR speed about "small of back" with the mag canted for an easier grab with the left hand. I never really need that last one b/c I start with one in the gun too.