Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gadget Stage

Mark R

Came up with a new stage. Feel free to use it...and critique if you would.

See PDF for entire WSB...raw sketchup file shown with some things missing like foot spots, popup arrow, and target numbers...I do those in Power Point when I make the WSB. I'll post sketchup file in my warehouse collection if anyone wants to mod it for their use. In warehouse search for DVCMarkR and use collection.

post-15700-0-16445900-1309446929_thumb.j

P24_Gadgets.pdf

What is your reasoning for the no shoot between the barrel and the steel? You're already forcing the shooting position with the barrel and I don't see any other target but the steel being affected by that no shoot. If a shooter hits the no shoot and knocks down the steel you have a mandatory reshoot for REM. plus it will be almost impossible for the RO to see if it's a no-=shoot knock down due to the barrel shooting position. Perhaps move the no shoot to behind the steel to force a big slow down on that target instead?

Also with the barricade (and this is an issue with almost every barricade I've run across) how do you handle a junior shooter or other smaller shooter? Most barricade designs have the port so high that a junior shooters is SOL at being able to shoot through it. I know it's just a sketch up model but it's something to keep in mind if you have a set of fully blocked targets that can only be shot through the port of a barricade or wall like you do here. Can a Junior shooter make it up to that port reasonably? I'm a big fan of narrow ports that extend in a rectangle up and down (portrait) instead of square ports or rectangles that extended side to side (landscape) for that very reason.

Best thing I can say about the stage though is this. I WANT to shoot it! Looks like it'd be a fun challenge with a ton of different target designs all crammed into one seemingly simple stage. =D

If the no shoot is just a vision barrier for the steel thru the barrel, id move it right up to the barrel or get rid of it all together and put a small wall piece there instead. As it looks(and looks can be deceiving) I could be having a horrible run and move just such that i shoot thru the noshoot into the steel and get my re-shoot.

Thanks for the input guys...I plan to set the no-shoot high enough to not be shot from thru the barrel...yet wanted it there to prevent shot on steel over the barrel. I may put up one or two more no-shoots just to force the shot thru the barrel.

Edited to add: Oh...the port on our barricade is low enough for all our shooters.

Edited by Mark R

double stack the no-shoots directly on top of the opening of the barrel so there is no possible chance of shooting it through the barrel.

or just string up some snowfence between the two walls and specify it as hard cover...

Edited by spanky

If I am reading that diagram correct, you have a swinger with three targets on it. I've never tried more than one but that seems like a problem waiting to happen.

Have you tried it? How do you secure all those targets on there? What does that do to the swing rate?

If I am reading that diagram correct, you have a swinger with three targets on it. I've never tried more than one but that seems like a problem waiting to happen.

Have you tried it? How do you secure all those targets on there? What does that do to the swing rate?

Not quite sure yet on the swing rate...will let you know Monday, the 11th. I plan to dado four stick together in a cross pattern. Glue them up and mount them on the swinger.

Should be simple to build something like this. If the swinger has an adjustable weight then obviously you set it "faster" than you would for just one to compensate for the weight.

obviously this is a view of the back of his concept (except i'm evil and had the NS cover the inside D zones.)

f6gz1jmyexyhj2j684b3.png

Edited by spanky

I have shot swingers set up like that many times, only problem I’ve ever had was not getting all my hits.

Cross sticks work well, have not tried glue, duct tape and or screws work.

Leonard

Do you want to be able to shoot the swingers (and other targets to the right) from the barrel area?

If not, set that right wall back downrange a yard or so, and add some fault line to keep the shooters off it.

And, yeah...bring the NS's up close to the barrel and/or throw a wall segment over it and fill the gaps so that the only way to shoo it is through the barrel.

Looks good!

I'd be tempted to add a shooting position by gaping the wall just to the left of the barrel. Then add a target or two in there to go with the static that is to the right of the bobber.

(one steel and one paper there makes it tight for the 6 gunners too. :) )

(except i'm evil and had the NS cover the inside D zones.)

No evil is 3 noshoots making it head shots only.

Leonard

I'd consider that sadistic.

Whats a little sado-masochism between friends?

Do you want to be able to shoot the swingers (and other targets to the right) from the barrel area?

If not, set that right wall back downrange a yard or so, and add some fault line to keep the shooters off it.

And, yeah...bring the NS's up close to the barrel and/or throw a wall segment over it and fill the gaps so that the only way to shoo it is through the barrel.

Looks good!

Yea...I see that now...may have to put a no-shoot or a couple stacked barrels between center barrel and right targets to force movement to the right opening. Thinking of moving the back right target back a little so not to be seen from center barrel area.

Thanks for the input Flex and others.

I liked it before and after the changes.

Wish our club had a popup, will have to use a substitute to set this up.

Any idea where to get a popup.

Leonard

:devil:

post-17026-0-16779900-1309468266_thumb.j

I liked it before and after the changes.

Wish our club had a popup, will have to use a substitute to set this up.

Any idea where to get a popup.

Leonard

:devil:

If you want to see sadistic... check out one "Peeking Prohibitionists" in our upcoming Level II match...

http://northwestsection.org/nwc11/stages.php

And for an extra challenge, decide what you want to do about Tre Gumbas. :-) I was being kind with 2 Capos.

And for those who enjoyed "Box in Box", see the Level II approved version called "Move the Moolah".