Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170mm mag for Para

Mo Zee

I have noticed that STI have replacement mags for para ordnance. What are the differences in these mags?

I know that the tapering on the Para mag is much higher. Is this the same on the STI replacement, or is the tapering lower down like on the STI mags for STI guns?

WIll this tapering have an effect on my round capacity if I buy the STI mag for Para?

Thanks

STI replacement mags for Para look like STI mag bodies. They taper lower than the Para mag does. I believe the STI mag holds one less round than Para body because of this. Idea is that the rounds go from double to single stack(top and tow under it) and feed more reliable.? Anyone else heard different? TXAG

STI for Para mags are identical to the std. STI mags except for the mag catch hole and the rear top of the tube. On the Para top rear is flat were as the std. STI is semi-circular or vice verse, (I don't remember which is which).

STI has an info page on thier site explaining how to identify the two.

My Super 170mm Para mags will hold 28 with room for the reload with std. STI followers.

I know that reg. STI hi-caps will work in some Para's, I have 4 140mm super mages that work in my open Para but won't go in my P18-LDA. They are to wide front to back. Seems Para frames vary in thickness in the grip area.