Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiber optic sight users Green our Red?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just switched to green after running red in Limited/Production guns for several years. For me the red is brighter but a little fuzzy at speed. With green the fiber appears sharper and easier to focus on. Plus I just started playing in Open and I unconsiously started to use that red fiber as a dot and hammered away :D The green makes me slow down and actually look for the front sight now but is still fast

Using M Frame Oakley VR28 (light brown) or clear lens for shooting the Limited gun.

I have been shooting red in SS and Lim-10 because that was in them when i had the sights installed. During a match last week i lost the FO out of my SS twice! All I had left was green. The last 4 stages I shot great. Cant say it was the sight but i am going to run with it and see what happens.

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

The Brightest color is not always the best. You need just enough attention to your front sight so you don't forget its there, but not enough to flare and blur your front sight picture. Green (and sometimes pale yellow) work best for ME in that regard, red just "blooms" to much. Each to his own.

+1 for this.

Red works best for me, but that it because for the same length of fiber, green is too bright for me and draw my eye to it TOO much. Although moving to yellow (which is greenish in the rod I have) tones it down, then I run into it fading into the greenery on the berms or the sand on the berms too much. So red it is.

• 5 weeks later...

JUST found a source of Fiber for general purposes as well as for archery and gun sights!!! Looks pretty cool to me although I haven't yet purchased from them. They dope their product with UV sensitive phosphors and design it so that it's primary emission is directional from the ends. This looks like an OEM supplier!

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Flourescent.htm