Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 38 Super Steel Blaster

BadOscar

Gary at gans guns just finished the work on my custom Dan Wesson in 38 Super. I want to use it on steel plates. Would someone suggest a good spring weight for me to start with. It has a 10lb in it right now. I have W231 and a bunch of different weight bullets. Does any one have a good load suggestion with that powder? Thanks. I can't wait to try it out, its my first comped gun.

comped.jpg

Your slide doesn't look radically lightened, and is that a steel comp? If so, 9 or 10 lb. spring should be just about right. 4.5-5 grains of 231 with a 115 bullet is a good place to start.

James

:lol: If you are going with light loads buy a 9#, 8#, & 7# spring and experiment with them to find the right spring for your load. Save the 10# for heavier loads.

If you are shooting falling steel you need to check how hard they are to knock down consistently. A couple of years ago no one was using 9mm at my club. A new person took over the steel shoot and set the steel lighter and now 9mm is

being used by a number of shooters. Of course a 38 Super can handle either

situation. :rolleyes:

Nice looking blaster! I have a springfield that i want to do the same thing to. I have a bushing comp in it now with a 8# recoil spring & a 16# hammer spring. I am loading 4.6 grs.of 231 and a 124gr. Mt.gold bullet and Win. sm pistol primers.

Steve