Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What to Use to Clean a Glock Barrel?

bodene 5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You clean your barrel?? Wow. rolleyes.gif Seriously though- I only shoot plated... and I can't remember the last time I really cleaned the barrel. The other day I ran a bore snake thru it... only because I wanted to make sure the chamber was clean.

i shoot mg 147 cmj and mg 124 cmj through it, fairly new piece you know how that goes trying to keep it in good shape and all was just wondering what you guys thought. i tell ya ,have never seen a forum with so much info its frickin awsome.

Air

:roflol:

If shooting lead shoot some jacketed bullets through it! Lol

No,I just run a boresnake through everything, run it a couple 2-3 times and look down the bore, and you will be amazed. If really dirty, just add some hoppes solvent on a patch and run it through and let it soak in the barrel while you clean the rest of the gun, and then run a boresnake through it a couple of times, after you have cleaned the rest of the gun.

I wish I had invented the boresnake

I don't really clean my barrel. I clean the chamber out but definitely don't run a brush down the barrel. if I get crazy and decide I need to clean I just put a little hoppes on a patch and run it through. Unless you are shooting lead the bore stays pretty clean and I think messing with it daily often does more harm than good.

Bullets!

50% Hydrogen peroxide/50% Vinegar. Let it soak no more than 15 minutes; Brush, rinse, WD/40 it, and put it back in the gun. Will look like it was just machined.

This works great on Moly and lead residue, but I would NOT use this mixture on anything exceopt STAINLESS barrels..... this will pit and eat a moly barrel (ie stock Glock barrel) up pretty quick.

I clean it if the trigger doesn't feel right or if someone is going to inspect it so I can avoid the dirty gun comments. I use q-tips and hoppes to clean action, sometimes a bore snake through the barrel. Usually maintenance is just add more Mobil One.

Every few months, or before a major match, I run a bore snake with CLP through the barrel. I will use CLP on patches to clean the rest of the internals at the same time.

After cleaning, a little slide glide lite around the outside of the barrel, and on the contact points, and a drop of Mobil one on the connector, and it is good to go for a long time.

I use Unique powder and with the slide glide, I do get a fair amount of gunk (I think that is the technical term :roflol:) on the internals of the gun, but the barrel is always good to go...

Bullets!

50% Hydrogen peroxide/50% Vinegar. Let it soak no more than 15 minutes; Brush, rinse, WD/40 it, and put it back in the gun. Will look like it was just machined.

If your girlfried calls or your barrel is not stainless steel, and you go over on the time the inside of your barrel will look like the peeling on a GrapeFruit, lots of divits aka big holes. I have a CZ barrel on my bench that got etched with this mixture, and I had to replace it. Nature called at the wrong time. :blink:

If you are shooting jacketed Schumann method clean it by shooting new clean bullets thru it. If you are using Lead or Moly, then wrap a piece of copper chore boy around a bore brush and it will cut the crud right out.

Edited by CocoBolo