Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 FALLEN BRETHREN 3-GUN CHALLENGE

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to all of the staff for a well run and fun match. Squad 6 was great and everyone worked hard to keep it moving.I especially want to thank Denise Johnson for all the great sound bites and comic releif. lol

shane

+1 on Squad 6...

Jon and I received the news that all hulls were to be shagged on Stage 3 (20 bird shot / 2 slugs each shooter); unfortunately we received this news after we had ran 4 squads. Squad 6 was up next and they shagged every hull on the bay during their run, this really saved us a ton of work.

Awesome match. thanks to Jim and all the match staff they did a great job and always had a smile on their face. thanks to all the sponsors it would not have happened without yall. big thanks to DSG arms as they stepped up in a big way.

looking forward to next year

Awesome match, thanks to all involved in making it happen.

Great stages, great terrain.

The weather added its own challenges, two words there seal skinz.

I'll definitely be back again next year, hopefully with some practice.

Alan Elam

Thanks to Jim and the gang for a great match. It was my first major 3 gun match and I had tons of fun. I was on a great squad (6) which made even the wind, rain and mud enjoyable.

I've uploaded some of my headcam vids here (can't post links yet): youtube.com/user/rboyes

Great match...even with the weather! I'd really like to bring a case of ammo and spend the day on stage 9!!! I can't wait to come back next year.

3 Gun Nation article was just posted....first article that I've been mentioned!

Ben

Article

Nice shooting Ben! Unfortunately, I still don't think we have had the chance to meet in person, darn it!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

I thought stage 9 was awesome! I didn't shoot it too well, but it was beautiful and fun!

Thanks to everyone for their hard work. Thanks to Gretchen for being squad mom!

Thanks to squad 6 for putting up with me. Thanks to the Sheldons for throwing me off the truck! :roflol:

Seriously had a good time in spite of the weather...

And...in print...I WAS WRONG...those shoe chains were the best in that mud!!! My husband is a genius! :cheers:

Thanks again,

Denise

I have gotten around over the years for several different kinds of shooting games. This Match was Good! It will go on my list for next year of event not to miss.

The Hospitality was up to pare with the best. It was worth the match fee and thin some, and they gave a $50 rebate to the active military shooters. I would pay a bit extra for that ever time.

The Prize Table and presentation was way better than advertised.

The only thing I was disappointed in was .... next year is too long to wait. Its like the long wait for the next Blue Ridge. I hope we only have to wait 11 months and not 12 months.

The Stages provided a good mix of skills for all the guns. Even though I like stages that are more Dynamic. I kept looking for ways to add a third gun to several stages, even if it was for just a few shots.

The stages were great just the way they were, and the overall match challenge was great. even with the damp weather the stages rarely backed up unless we showed up early.

Thanks for a weekend that way exceeded my hopes and expectations

Jamie Foote

From the speed at which scores were posted up online and prize table flowing smoothly it looks like Sandra and girls behind the copmuters did a great job at the behind the scenes work, your hard work is always appreciated and never really noticed unless things go wrong, Whooooooooohhoooooooooo!!!!!!! :cheers:

I thought stage 9 was awesome! I didn't shoot it too well, but it was beautiful and fun!

Thanks to squad 6 for putting up with me. Thanks to the Sheldons for throwing me off the truck! :roflol:

And...in print...I WAS WRONG...those shoe chains were the best in that mud!!! My husband is a genius! :cheers:

Thanks again,

Denise

Who makes those things? I need to add tehm to my 3 gun kit.

Thanks again,

Denise

Who makes those things? I need to add tehm to my 3 gun kit.

They're called micro spikes by Kahtoola and JJ got them at REI. Kahtoola's website is full of interesting facts! :)

Edited by Benelli Chick

That was a great match, particularly well run especially for the first time. Great location, great ROs, great scoring, great prize table and great stages. I must say that Jim believes in AIMING. That match contained some of the more challenging target presentations: the infamous stage 9, stage 8, and of course the plate rack/USPSA poppers at 35 (or was it 50?) yards. I think we only got to hose 4 pistol paper and 2 rifle targets in the whole match! It was great how everyone pulled together to make it happen in some fairly difficult conditions. Spartan, indeed!

Is it just me or has the pistol shooting in 3 gun become really challenging in the past year?

The range was amazing

The match was well organized

The RO’s were friendly

The weather sucked (that was in God’s hands)

Can’t wait until next year “October”

You guys did a great job “Thanks”