Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Door Prop Design

Here's one I made out of pressure treated 2x2's and 1 2x4. I put a sheet metal plate on the port with hinge so you can push it hard without damaging anything when using the port. I also use spring loaded screen door hinges that close the door automatically. Folds flat, easy to carry with 2 folks, and has options. You can use door or port, but not both at same time...I drilled a hole in each frame and put a bolt/nut on both...removing one for a match.

Hope it helps.

Edited to add: The 2x4 is the bottom threshold board for stability and strength.

Wall_DoorPort.pdf

Edited by Mark R

Here's one I made out of pressure treated 2x2's and 1 2x4. I put a sheet metal plate on the port with hinge so you can push it hard without damaging anything when using the port. I also use spring loaded screen door hinges that close the door automatically. Folds flat, easy to carry with 2 folks, and has options. You can use door or port, but not both at same time...I drilled a hole in each frame and put a bolt/nut on both...removing one for a match.

Hope it helps.

Edited to add: The 2x4 is the bottom threshold board for stability and strength. Oh, and since I made this drawing, I also put in gussets/corner braces in the inner and outer corners for strength. This setup can be carried by 2 individuals.