Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSP Choices Part Two

Chuck D

I noticed no one chose the S&W Tactical series pistols {5906TSW,4006TSW ect} I thought these would make good choices seeing they come from the factory with good workmanship, available adjustable sights and match quality features like good slide to frame fit. Does anyone use one and if you do......do you like it?

• 3 weeks later...

Most people shy away from the S&W series because of the difficult to master double action pull on the Smith......I haven't talked to many gunsmiths who are experienced at tuning them either, unlike the Beretta.......the reset on the single action is possibly the best of the bunch on an out of the box gun though........some have also questioned the durability of the Smith autopistols when you get into the tens of thousands of rounds.......because of the lower hand position on the gun they seem to have a bit more muzzle flip than the Glock and Beretta models......they tend to have short barrels and as a result a shorter sight radius than competing guns which makes them harder to shoot accurately at longer distances......

Just some reasons that jumped into my tired little mind......FWIW.