Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few long courses

spanky

It's always tough to judge from diagrams but you need to be careful about target alignment and shoot-throughs. Stage 1, the half-targets and the swingers; stage 2 the two angled behind the barrel; stage 3 the half-target behind the wall.

These all look excellent.

Just one question, on #2 barrel in the center has 2 targets can the left target be taken from far left around barricade, if not then where.

# 3 is a nightmare (I am sure I would fte at least once in that).

I dont see any shoot throughs, some might be close but easy fix on the ground.

Leonard

Edited to add:

:cheers:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! :cheers:

Edited by bluenite

It's always tough to judge from diagrams but you need to be careful about target alignment and shoot-throughs. Stage 1, the half-targets and the swingers; stage 2 the two angled behind the barrel; stage 3 the half-target behind the wall.

The diagrams are on my work computer so I can't post angled screenshots but they should all be clear. Obviously stuff like that would be hammered out upon setup but I try to look at as many possible shoot through scenarios as possible when I'm drawing them.

These all look excellent.

Just one question, on #2 barrel in the center has 2 targets can the left target be taken from far left around barricade, if not then where.

# 3 is a nightmare (I am sure I would fte at least once in that).

I don’t see any shoot throughs, some might be close but easy fix on the ground.

Leonard

Edited to add:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! :cheers:

The left target behind the barrel would be engaged through the soft cover.

and thanks!

Spanky,

Thanks for posting- I am thinking #3 will be perfect for next Sat. in one of our medium bays. Trying to keep the number of props down with the heat here in GA for the next few months.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

tvh3xdbx14xd3f07vvyf.png

Spanky, used this one at local match yesterday, fun stage. Wrote the WSB for start position to be "Standing in shooting area with heels touching rear fault line" to allow some choice on starting spot (had already used starting anywhere in shooting area on another stage at this match).

One caution for anyone using this stage, check the position of your rear left fault lines or targets T6, T11 and T12. The diagram as Spanky designed it is good, but I did not catch that the guys setting up the stage made the rear left corner a bit to far out (or did not tuck T6 in behind the wall enough). Limited/Open shooters could stand in that corner and catch all of the left side targets. This could also happen with 11 and 12. On the other hand, it did lead some shooters to try it and not make the shots on the long targets. We stretched those out to the back berm to make them a bit longer shots if you did not move forward. Thanks, Tim

Spanky...I'm going to use your stage in 2 weeks for our local match...but I flipped the image and added 2 more barrel stacks and 1 more target. Start shooters downrange and let them back up. Thanks for the idea.

I like the RO instructions. The first "back up" stage I ran for our local club resulted in a dramatic demonstration of the fact that simply telling beginning shooters to watch their muzzles is inadequate. That also looks like it'll fit well in one of your driveway bays if you use your shoehorn!

Spanky...I'm going to use your stage in 2 weeks for our local match...but I flipped the image and added 2 more barrel stacks and 1 more target. Start shooters downrange and let them back up. Thanks for the idea.

I like the RO instructions. The first "back up" stage I ran for our local club resulted in a dramatic demonstration of the fact that simply telling beginning shooters to watch their muzzles is inadequate. That also looks like it'll fit well in one of your driveway bays if you use your shoehorn!

Yep...you are correct Barry...that's why I flipped the image...to put upstairs in the driveway bay.