Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mac Keyboard Shortcuts

wgnoyes

Somewhere in another post we were talking about how to force-close an app. I'm relatively new to mac and still getting used to things. The delete key for instance doesn't work the same way here as on windows, and they use funny symbols in documentation to denote "control" and "option". I found this website today that has a whole plethora of keyboard commands and shortcuts. I copied it's url to my desktop for future reference. Hope you find it useful, too.http://www.danrodney.com/mac/

Somewhere in another post we were talking about how to force-close an app. I'm relatively new to mac and still getting used to things. The delete key for instance doesn't work the same way here as on windows, and they use funny symbols in documentation to denote "control" and "option". I found this website today that has a whole plethora of keyboard commands and shortcuts. I copied it's url to my desktop for future reference. Hope you find it useful, too.http://www.danrodney.com/mac/

Force close= Option Command Esc

That is a great list.

Thank You!

:cheers:

Thanks for that nice list Bill.

I'm a keystroke freak - and I learned a couple new ones. The absolute king-shit keystroke, that I will use all the time, every day is:

Find by File Name (Mac OS 10.5+) Cmd-Shift-F

And I didn't know these, which are the BOMB:

Delete entire word to the left Opt-Delete

Look up word in dictionary Position mouse over a word and hold Cmd-Ctrl-D

Auto completion word Start typing the word. Press Esc (or F5) to open suggested word list

A couple more cool ones:

Take picture of a specific window/object Cmd-Shift-4, then press Spacebar, then Click on the window/object

Copy the screenshot to the clipboard instead of making a file Hold Control with the above keystrokes

Thanks for that nice list Bill.

I'm a keystroke freak - and I learned a couple new ones. The absolute king-shit keystroke, that I will use all the time, every day is:

Find by File Name (Mac OS 10.5+) Cmd-Shift-F

And I didn't know these, which are the BOMB:

Delete entire word to the left Opt-Delete

Look up word in dictionary Position mouse over a word and hold Cmd-Ctrl-D

Auto completion word Start typing the word. Press Esc (or F5) to open suggested word list

A couple more cool ones:

Take picture of a specific window/object Cmd-Shift-4, then press Spacebar, then Click on the window/object

Copy the screenshot to the clipboard instead of making a file Hold Control with the above keystrokes