Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I hate losing a pet....

GrumpyOne

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep fighting Grumpy !! I'm a cat person ( although i love dogs too of course ) and just lost one of my fur kids not long ago to a very swift ailment as well. I'm given solace by the fact that i did everything humanly possible to save her. The right cat can change any hardened dog owner

It's tough, thought I was going to put my oldest Pug down Saturday. He will be 17 the first of July and is the best dog I've had, all he as tried to do his whole life was please us. In his youth lot's of tricks. No messes ad hasn't torn anything but toys up. He was better Saturday evening and I'm hoping he will make it to July.

This is the 3rd one we've lost to this parasite...All 3 have been rescue cats, from parking lots or the like...and all 3, I've been out of town when they passed. This really sucks.

Edited by GrumpyOne

Now I'm pissed. The only way they can get the parasite is from one species of tick, which has fed on a wildcat (Florida bobcat essentially...I seriously doubt panthers are near me). So, I'm investing in traps and other things. I'm gonna try and trap these guys and relocate them away from the house. Anybody trap bobcats for a living that can give me some pointers? I've trapped raccoon, possum, hogs, and turkeys before...not bobcats...must use live traps...I have no wish to kill them, just move them far, far away.

I'VE had many cats, remember then all. Every one different. Have three now and the wife's westie. Angus (the dog) and Ozzie the tuxedo cat are best buds. My 14 year old female Amber I've had longer than my wife. Dread the day it's Ambers calling. Life has been better with the fury creatures than without. Sorry you were not home. That sucks.