My home built wet tumbler

biggdawg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let us know how many cases you're able to load into the larger tube.

i plan on running the same in the larger drum. they actually have the same capacity right at 2 gallons of water.

i have run 5-8lbs in the original drum with no problems. going to start at 7 in the new drum to see how it goes and work up from there.

i am running 10 lbs of stainless media in the drums, 4 table spoons dawn and 1 table spoon lemi shine

Do you rinse them out when the wife is home? Are you going to add a cover for the motor? Still thinking about upgrading to 8" tube? What color are you going to paint it (blue). Anyway nice job.

no wife lol, i did the first couple of batches in the kitchen but now i rinse them outside or in my new wash room i built in the basement. more safe that way. i also replaced my kitchen sink last

week. so no lead contamination now.

and yes i just added pics of my 8" drum i made

as far as color i will probably go red on this one and blue on my next one. in the process of building my second one for my brother. going to give him the 6" drum.

i have enuff 8" now that i can make 4 or 5 more.

Edited by biggdawg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the best price i have found on the electric motor is here

the best price on the stainless media is pellets llc 25 a pound plus shipping

you can also use these bearings. pillow bearings i just built a second one using them. here is a pic

my original one is still running strong, gave it to my brother. this one is a little quieter because the bearings are quieter.

2011-08-10081945800x588.jpg

th_P8100001.jpg

Edited by biggdawg

Looks great, when I checked the bearings link, it says Bearings are not shipped in the box? Are you sure that's the one you purchased?

Did it come with the bearings? or was it already mounted in the block, hence not uninstalled in the box. I'm thinking they might have posted confusing information :-)

Looks great, when I checked the bearings link, it says Bearings are not shipped in the box? Are you sure that's the one you purchased?

Did it come with the bearings? or was it already mounted in the block, hence not uninstalled in the box. I'm thinking they might have posted confusing information :-)

it just means they are not in individual boxes. I have ordered 12 of them the bearings are in the blocks and then wrapped in plastic. yes the info is a little confusing. they just aren't packaged in the box that you see in the picture.

Well, I got the frame welded(used angle iron salvaged from an old bed frame), the SS Media ordered, the Pillow Bearings ordered. Just have to get the plumbing items(cap-reducer-ect, already had a piece of 6" pipe ) and I'll be in business. I had decided on the pillow bearings before I saw your new rig. Most of the stuff I had laying around including the motor, so I will have about $100 bucks into the entire setup. Thanks again for your write-up and plans. I'm very excited to get it running asap. Costs so far: $34 for the bearings; $40 for the SS media; $25 for the fittings; satisfaction from making it myself; priceless. Thanks BD..

Interestingly; I went to Buffalo Arms and inquired about the SSMedia and was told that the optimal amount to use was 3# according to their tests. Also interesting was the shipping amount of $14.95. I bought from PelletsLLC; cost for 5# shipped was $30. They said they had 6 orders early this morning.

Do you rinse them out when the wife is home? Are you going to add a cover for the motor? Still thinking about upgrading to 8" tube? What color are you going to paint it (blue). Anyway nice job.

no wife lol, i did the first couple of batches in the kitchen but now i rinse them outside or in my new wash room i built in the basement. more safe that way. i also replaced my kitchen sink last

as far as color i will probably go red on this one and blue on my next one. in the process of building my second one for my brother. going to give him the 6" drum.

That was going to be my question... LOL

Rinse in tub, dry on towels on bed...

NO WIFE...

LOL

BD; Is your welding table a piece of sheet steel on top of a plastic barrel?

it isn't a welding table. it is my jig i made for building the frames but yes it is on a plastic barrel in my shop.

i am all about make-shift stuff.

that was the first few batches. i finished my bathroom in the basement and put in a large deep sink that i rinse in now. and

the bed is in my spare bedroom which is my reloading room/man cave. thinking of getting rid of the bed and going to full

man cave :)

and my girlfriend is more than understanding. she is one of the good ones

That was going to be my question... LOL

Rinse in tub, dry on towels on bed...

NO WIFE...

LOL

I took some pics, can't seem to get Photoshop to work for me. Didn't have any LemiShine but they still got really clean.

i use photobucket for all my pics you can upload them, resize and delete the larger files. then you just post the img code and you get what you see in my posts

HMT-2.jpg Here's a pic of the beast; as close to your config as I could. Thanks for your input BD. Total cost was $88 including the SSMedia, pipe fittings, and bearings. The rest of the setup I had on hand. It works fantastic!! Edited by glynnm45