Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage diagrams

kdj

I think these are the best stage diagrams I've ever seen, done in a professional CAD program (not by me). With the different camera funtions you can fly around the stage and see all faults before you go out and build, saves a lot of time.

IPSC Denmark

Wow! These are excellent. Certainly the best I've ever seen. Can you please post more information about what the author used.

Thanks.

The program is AutoCad (damn expensive) and the author spent most of last winter setting it up and playing with it, but the end result is awsome. Our range is duplicated with exact measurments. Too bad he's retired as head chief stage designer. I'd do mine in word and send to him and he'd convert them. I'll see if I can get a copy of the program but am not hopefull. :(

The program is AutoCad (damn expensive) and the author spent most of last winter setting it up and playing with it, but the end result is awsome. Our range is duplicated with exact measurments. Too bad he's retired as head chief stage designer. I'd do mine in word and send to him and he'd convert them. I'll see if I can get a copy of the program but am not hopefull. :(

Dalmas

Thanks!

I've got AutoCAD LT but I suspect this wouldn't be man enough to handle the 3D elements. I suspect he has used the full blown professional package and unfortunately this is going to be outside the scope of Mr Average.

Nevertheless the result is VERY impressive.

• 5 weeks later...

Have the StageCAD folks come out with a new version that fixed all the bugs? I have never had very much luck with that program...and I am an experienced AutoCAD (and several other CAD programs) user.

Kimel,

I had problems with stage cad locking up my machine which isn't easy to do these days. My solution was to learn never to double click on anything be it trying to select a prop, etc. If you go through the tools menu when you want to select a prop it seems to run fine and never locks up.

John