Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My advice,,,

Pick up a copy of Maximum PC. Fill out the poster for 12 issues for 12 bucks. Wait a month or so, then relish in the info...

I've been a subscriber for a few years now and have been very impressed with the quality of information they print. It seems like a gamer oriented mag but that isn't true. It is for PC enthusiast. Be it RAID explainations or processor bench marks the testing and reporting are truely 'minimum BS'. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn and expand on a dynamic monthly basis.

---( sounds like I work for the rag, I don't, I just think that highly of it!!!...)

Hmmm... ;) Might be more sensible than CDs for backup. As long as the wallet holds out. :rolleyes:

What you need to backup (size and sensitivity) will play a large factor in determining the proper backup method.

I run multiple drives in my system. One is a "system" drive and one is a "data" drive. It works really well for me. Windows and all programs reside on the "system" drive. So this way all I need to backup is my data drive. (I format and reinstall all programs on my system drive every now and then).

If the data is important, you should select the proper RAID format, preferably with at least 3 drives.

At a minimum though, buy a DVD burner (instead of using a CD burner). 4.3gb vs. 700mb per disc makes a huge difference and you can get 4x DVD burners on sale for less than $100. Blank DVDs on sale are $0.75-$1 each generally.

• 2 weeks later...

Siggy,

Dont know how far you are in you A+ persuits but here are a few sites that helped along the way. Hope they help. If you have any questions about A+ or NET+ let me know and I will help where I can.

Paul Franklin

Cram Session

Exam Notes

Also check out the forums there. Wonderful resource.

Giedon Tech

Good Comp Modification Site

Subnetting Guide

Great tool for learning how to subnet

MCSE Freak

Great place for all kind of guides to help you learn both the MCSE Track and the CompTia Stuff.

Subnet Online

Another Good subnetting site.

Wild Packets

Great site for some software and Freeware dealing with networking

Hope all of these help. Again let me know if you need anything else.