Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92 FS front sight options

triplesinglestack

so after researching all 3 pages on here in Beretta forum, hahaha did not really find what I was looking for. I have 92fs model and want something like the sevigney front fiber optic, and rear black serrated competition sights I have on my glock pistols- what are my options and keep in mind I need to stay production USPSA Legal, but do not care about IDPA Legal, as I shoot REVO in that game. Also not opposed to replacing the slide (if I can find one) and stay legal, thanks.

Jason

I am not the one to ask about the rule book for the game, but you can drill and cut the existing front sight for a piece of fiber optic. It won't be quite as bright as some, as you don't have lots of room in that front sight.

You can use a Beretta Vertec or Brigadier slide, they come up in the Beretta forum classifieds sometimes, they are both dovetailed front and rear, and you can just swap them, no other modifications needed. Dawson Precision makes a FO front, and there are multiple rear sight choices-

You can use a Beretta Vertec or Brigadier slide, they come up in the Beretta forum classifieds sometimes, they are both dovetailed front and rear, and you can just swap them, no other modifications needed. Dawson Precision makes a FO front, and there are multiple rear sight choices-

Yes, that would be the only option.

On the Beretta Forum a couple of years back, one guy drilled the sights of his 90-Two and inserted his own fiber optics. But, the 90-Two has user replaceable sights in a dovetail.

WIth a standard 92 slide (with the fixed front sight), I think you are out of luck.

I wouldn't try drilling a regular 92FS slide. Ya goof that up and you just ruined the entire slide. Ugh!

I started out with a Taurus PT99.

When I heard that Beretta is or was going to stop making the Beretta Brig Inox models, I snatched up four of them. Two 96's (.40 cal) and two 92's (9pm). So far I have only one of slides outfitted with a Dawson Precision front fiber optic. IIRC, Dawson only makes two versions that'll fit a Beretta. The one FOFS is still too wide in my opinion. IIRC, it's 0.120" wide. I'd like something closer to 90 thou. I am still using the factory non-adjustable rear. I probably still have an LPA adjustable in a drawer somewhere. My .22 conversion kit came with the LPA rear. The notch is too small/too short.The beretta's slide has a funny shape which IMO doesn't lend itself well to some sort of adjustable rear.

• 2 weeks later...

That rear sight looks like the Billenium adjustable sight. I tried that on my Brigadier slide with a Dawson FO front and it didn't work out because the highest adjustment for the rear still made my shots low. IMO, that rear is a little hokey, as the 'adjustment' must be made by swapping out the rear sight blade and tightening with set screws. There are set screws on the left and right that can be pushed/pulled to adjust the blade L/R, but they need to be fixed with loctite after you get it close making it no longer adjustable.

I ended up putting true Beretta target adjustable from my 22LR kit on the Brigadier slide and the original fixed rear on the 22 slide and it turned out well.

Nice job on the custom FO front, though, COMATZD.

Edited by fenpark15

A vertec slide will go on a 92fs?

A vertec slide will go on a 92fs?

Yes, that will work fine.

• 11 months later...

That's a neat mod, nice job.

The Brigadier and Vertec slides are becoming very rare and very very expensive. Brig slides alone are running $500+ these days.

If you got 'em, enjoy 'em!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW, I painted the front dot of my 92FS with fluorescent red model paint, and it's incredibly bright. I'm very happy with it, I didn't have to alter my slide, and it cost me all of $4. You might give that a try before going all out with slide swapping or cutting on your gun.

• 6 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2012 at 11:45 AM, RSDelta said:

FWIW, I painted the front dot of my 92FS with fluorescent red model paint, and it's incredibly bright. I'm very happy with it, I didn't have to alter my slide, and it cost me all of $4. You might give that a try before going all out with slide swapping or cutting on your gun.

me too. and you know what! it works fine.

but i keep looking for a better answer. lately i have been thinking about a red dot with somebody's adapter plate for the rear dovetail.

• 6 months later...

I know that the VERTEC is compatible with a 92 FS and I know that it is not compatible with a Taurus PT 92 I have a Taurus PT 92 and I cannot find any Aftermarket slides that have the same option that the VERTEC has specifically with the dovetail sites my question is can I take a standard slide for a PT 92 And mill out the And mill out the front sight to a dovetail or do they make an aftermarket slide that has dovetails already for the front site post

Edited by Semperfithegunguy