Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shoot IDPA?

Ron Ankeny

Quote: from smoney on 4:14 pm on Sep. 1, 2001

i shoot production, and limited limited with a kimber single stack..... i will let you all guess what i shoot in production by the icon.

smoney, I can't make out your icon and don't have a clue what it is. What is it?

Bill,

In I agree with your second entry to a point.  Your right that before the introduction of of limited class the guns were evolving fast(which of course was the original tenant of IPSC).  However, since limited class has started there has been no real change in guns.  The para I shoot today was available in 1994.  Guns will always improve so there has to be some change.  If you had qualified your original  statment to say you needed a new $3000.00 gun ten years ago I wouldn't have said anything.  People who have never shot IPSC will read your first statment, think it's trure, and then spread it at IDPA matches where I'll have to listen to it.  The shooting sports are being divided for no reason.  I enjoy the IDPA, IPSC, PPC, and whatever action pistol competiton I can shoot and help bring as many new people to the sport so that it will be here tomorrow.  I hear enough devisive stuff from the anit-gun people.

John,

I went back and reread my posts to make sure I wasn't IPSC bashing. I don't want to bash IPSC/USPSA or any other shooting sport. All the shooting sports are good and we all want to stick together.

My main complaint is with course design. There would not be an IDPA today if course designers had simply designed better stages. I have no problem with high round count stages as long as they give everybody a reasonably even chance. I started shooting IPSC/USPSA in 1981 and shot it last around 1997 or 1998. I saw course design round count go up when allowed magazine capacity went up. When Devel 8 round mags were invented we shot 8 shots at each position. 38 Supers upped it to 10 rounds at each position. Round count steadily went up at each shooting position until you had to shoot 20 or more rounds at each shooting position. These stages were designed by people according to their own mag capacity so they had an advantage. Why not give shooters a couple of steps to reload?? USPSA did start Limited but that evolved to where you still had to have a HiCap 40. My Para 45 that I was shooting still had to make standing reloads.

If you give the top 10 GM a stock 1991 in 45 ACP they will be beat by the other GM & Masters that are shooting state of the art guns.

I hope this makes my opinion a little more clear. I am only upset with course designers who only wanted to win or "get somebody". We have a little of the same problem in IDPA but not so bad.

Hope all the IPSC shooters here don't hate me now.

Bill Nesbitt

Singlestack,

All my local clubs shoot IDPA now. I don't have enough weekends now to shoot everyplace I can and still mow the grass etc. :) I think I will go to the USPSA web site and read the rules. I know a lot of them have changed in the last few years.

Bill Nesbitt

Greetings from a newcomer.  Brian has a fabulous forum here, with a few familiar names present from some other forums I frequent.  

I don't get out there nearly as often as I'd like, putting downrange much fewer rounds than I'd lke each year.  For that reason I think I'll be stuck in Sharpshooter CDP for longer than I'd like.  I sure would like to make Expert soon though.  

EricO

BayArea, CA