Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Retrosexual vs. The Rest

SiG Lady

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK... the monogrammed shirt arrived this weekend. It was both a very nice teal-on-white polo-shirt-styled item AND a chuckle or two: The front-upper-left engraving sez "VixZen" (spelled correctly and everything!) and the backside looks like this:

TmGeritolShirt.jpg

I really did have to laugh. :D But loved it.

Who woulda guessed it. A word I dreamed up about 13 years ago to describe my girlfriend (she said, "I think you're just a total studmuffin," I popped off, "Well, you're just a total studmuffette") and now it's been immortalized on a t-shirt. (Granted, only one t-shirt, but still....)

"...and now it's been immortalized on a t-shirt. (Granted, only one t-shirt, but still....)..."
Oh, it always feels so good to be the first to be exclusive...! :wub::rolleyes:

This thing is going to be one helluva conversation piece at the range. I'm not doing league at the moment, but we have an all-important short league coming in July just before fall league starts, and it will get worn out those four weeks. But will likely get worn THIS week as well. However... I am at liberty to go in and audit/shoot a league session any time I want...... hmmmm..... time for a surprise visit from the SiG Lady during spring league that she didn't sign up for.... heh-heh... :ph34r:B)

Yes, loading those wussie light powder loads in the Kimber really blackens the gun and my hands... I'll have to resist wiping my hands on this one! :lol:

Many thanks to the three on Team Geritol for including me in absentia!

• 10 months later...

Our .22 League action just started this week so the Studmuffy t-shirt will be worn on Monday night. I need everything I can get in the way of visual distractions. :rolleyes:

So, then... If you're a genuine geek, does that make you Technosexual......?..... ;)

Ok, I like the whole freedom of movement aspect of the kilt thing and I'm sure not going to argue with Troy...but I have trouble understanding what it is about wearing one that enables this guy to MIG weld rocks? That must be some kinda super kilt.

intro-300-versatile.jpg

On another note, I saw a 14 year old girl at our local match last Sunday with a t-shirt on that I really appreciated. The big legend on the back said

"It must suck to know that we practiced harder than you"

I think it was originally printed for her swim team but it definitely turned some heads at the pistol match. She's one of the top 20 junior shooters so she can back that statement up on the range or in a pool.

The Bow-Flex ads are disgustingly reeking with 'spin'. Especially the ones that blatantly used Marines (or whatever branch they really were--if at all) to pimp the machines a year or so ago. Disgusting. <_<

Oh... and I thought the guy in the kilt and the welding goggles was BBQ-ing...!

What the hell kind of photo IS this, anyway??!! :blink::blink:

Ok, I like the whole freedom of movement aspect of the kilt thing and I'm sure not going to argue with Troy...but I have trouble understanding what it is about wearing one that enables this guy to MIG weld rocks?  That must be some kinda super kilt.

intro-300-versatile.jpg

According to my opinion this kilt dates back to the days that ships were built from wood and men from steel.

Nowadays, ships are steel structures and men are..... :rolleyes:

Didn't catch this one the first time around... Glad Ms. Siggy brought it back up. Although in my family we were not hunters, my 3 brothers and me together with my dad had to catch all the fish we would eat during Lent (a Catholic thing). Kinda' like hunting... And "DEAL WITH IT, I'm raising men!" was the order of the day!

But just like Duane, my Dad taught us 2 ways to tie our neckties... ;)

'Nother RETRO here!

Oh... and Siggy: YOU DA' WO-MAN!! :)

ps: cking, On the bodily hair issue, I'm going the opposite way of TV coms... everywhere but my head!

Yes, thank you Siggy for reviving this thread. I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only female to have made venison steaks. When visiting my uncle, part of my chores included cutting up the deer he'd hunted. It didn't bother me until I heard the bones being cut on the band saw....kinda' like nails on a chalk board.

As for retro-sexuals, I've decided any self sufficient woman needs one for a decent relationship. The other types are too easily steam rolled. You won't truly love someone you can't respect.

"How can you respect a man who needs you more than you need him?"

If anyone gets the song or singer that spun that line I will come up with some kind of prize.

Carinab, let me echo Mr.Sunshine's thanks.

That is excellent Duane Thomas! You are a truly rounded individual. "Baroquen Spirits" from the So Long Ago the Garden album, produced by George Martin (of Beatles fame). Truly a great compilation of music. Now I have to come up with something for ya.How about a slightly used Ghost Rocket connector for a Glock? PM me a mailing address.

How'd you get it BTW?

Tom Bergman