Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Five year old splinter!

Sarge

My left thumb has been kind of tender ever since I stabbed it with a golf pencil sized splinter about 5 years ago. I have had it Xrayed and looked at a few times but it always checked out and I was told it was probably scar tissue that was always going to bother me. But something just kept nagging me to get it fixed especially since it gets pretty tender after loading mags during a match.

Long story short, I found a Doc who scheduled me an ultrasound and low and behold there is still a fragment of splinter deep inside the pad of my thumb.

Getting it cut out tomorrow!:cheers:

Doc told me wood will not dissolve if it is completely walled off inside?

He also told me that Xray typically will not see wood which is why nobody could find it before. I plan to ask him to see it after he gets it out since it has bee such a proverbial thorn in my side for so long.

I had a chunk of wood in my shoulder for about two years. (about the size of a pencil eraser) It was always a little hard knot, but I was too onery to get it checked out. I had to go the the doctor for something else and had them take a look at the knot. A few minutes with a scalpel later, out pops a little piece of wood. I saved it for a couple years as a momento, but I think my wife got tired of me getting it out at story time and threw it away....

I had a splinter in my forearm for about 2 years, until I aggravated it. It swelled up, got all nasty...I thought I had gotten bit by a spider or something, gave it a good squeeze, and out comes this freaking half inch long tooth pick sized splinter... :surprise:

Success!!:cheers: For all those who have always believed, as I did, that a wood splinter will dissolve in the human body, it just isn't so.

He found three toothpick diameter pieces totaling about 3/8ths of an inch long. Still intact and hard after 5 years.

Of course I was in the hospital for 7 hours today but it will be worth it.

The Air Force took good care of me today!

Success!!:cheers: For all those who have always believed, as I did, that a wood splinter will dissolve in the human body, it just isn't so.

He found three toothpick diameter pieces totaling about 3/8ths of an inch long. Still intact and hard after 5 years.

Sarge, you dont need to tell us the Air Force is slow, because we all know ARMY leads the way!!!!! LOL :roflol::rolleyes::ph34r: (just kidding)

Glad you got that taken care of, so you can get back to shooting that new open gun! I really want to see it in action! When will it be making it's maiden voyage at a major match?

I had a big splinter from a yellow pine 2x6 lodged under the skin right at the 2nd knuckle of the middle finger of my left hand for several years.

It didnt hurt but I could squeeze the ends of it and feel it in there. After 5 or 6 years it became more and more pliable until I couldnt feel it anymore.

Sarge, you dont need to tell us the Air Force is slow, because we all know ARMY leads the way!!!!! LOL :roflol::rolleyes::ph34r: (just kidding)

Glad you got that taken care of, so you can get back to shooting that new open gun! I really want to see it in action! When will it be making it's maiden voyage at a major match?

The Navy would have given you a bottle of Motrin and sent you away! :roflol:

Glad all is well again.