Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA concealment vest

Bill Schwab

I'm looking for a concealment vest.  I know of one shooter, Dave Jackson from Norfolk, VA, who has a real cool one...it's stiff, and doesn't look stupid, but he can't remember where he bought his.  Those camera vests, like S&A's, look dumb and are not stiff enough.  So if you know of any decent vests please respond, web addresses are desired.  

I know there will probably be some nice ones for sale at the Nationals, but I'm not going.

Thanks.

Bill

JMOICBW

I have a friend with one of the plain Concealed Carry Clothiers vests.  The quality is excellent.  It also screams "concealed weapon contained herein".  The Coronado Leather vests look better, but thou best be slim to pull it off.  

On the photo vest side, I have a Jim Domke photographers vest, that is quite stiff, and I use for the odd IDPA match around here.  Of course, I did buy it for it's intended purpose, that is carrying photo gear...

Cheers,

Ross

I've been using a ASPI Urban tactical vest I got from the Steel Challenge.  It's a good vest for IDPA because it's fairly heavy from all the pockets and has a mesh lined back for ventilation.  If you are left handed, it's not as tactical reload friendly.  The left pockets are big and have multiple opening in case you miss, but the right main pocket is divided in half making it somewhat useless when reloading.

When looking for a vest try to get one as stiff as possible. Also make sure it is smooth on the inside to prevent snags and hang ups with your gun and mags. Leather works well if you can find one thats not taper cut on the bottom. I found one on e-bay thats a Tommy Hilfiger reversible, smooth on both sides and long enough to cover what I'm carrying.

Bill,

I have a vest very similar to the ASPI vest. I like it. It has a covered mesh back so it is cool. The pockets are large. I put a piece of duct tape on the inside where the hammer on my revolver would catch once in a while.

BILL