Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Catching @ match

I spent the morning rounding up any hat that I may ware to a shooting event so that my Monogram can sew in "Flipper" on the back of my hat.

<_< but thin I would have to put all other very bad habits on it

Runs with loaded guns

Runs with Scissors

exceeds maximum recommended load in recipe to reach Major

Shoots at Steel targets that could ricochet

:unsure: Now I know why all the ROs across the nation are so unhappy to see me when I come to their stage. :blush:

my name is Jamie Foote and I am a flipper

This post was intended to case a very small smile

I'm going to have it put on my techwear shirt :roflol:

Randy "Ammo Flipper" Davis

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I now to be serious about Flipping I agree with MR Loves2Shoot Flipping the round in the air and catching it has the {Impression} of being wrong. and with many things the Impression of being wrong , is wrong

Also I don't think you will find an RO that has seen me drop the hammer on an empty chamber with out looking at my sights when I drop it. I am not willing to make an unaimed shot.

Like many things we do an unexperienced shooter trying to copy an action with out the understanding of the intent in the action can be problematic

I wrack the slide fast with the gun at normal shooting stance but with it clocked up at an angle, the round should fly up about 2 feet . the fact that I catch it is secondary

As an RO what I do not much care for is having the shooter angle the ejection port toward me with the request of me catching the round for them.

Also lots of shooters just point the gun down at the ground two feet from their feet and drop the hammer on the empty chamber.

She is show boating in all sorts of ways.

I could say all kinds of things here about out of battery detonation here, but I will just let those comments lie where they are out of respect for Jesse and the rest of you ladies.

:roflol:

I eject my last round up in the air and catch it. If it doesn't fly where I want it to and I can't catch it easily, I don't reach for it and reach sweeping my arm.

The reason? I'm shooting 9mm major. My rounds are loaded with Montana Gold bullets, which makes the whole round look the same color. Sometimes when the range is covered in brass, it's hard to spot my round on the ground. The last thing I want is for some club member at the range one day to come along, pick up my 9mm major round, and shoot it in their (insert gun name here) that isn't built to handle 9mm major and blow their gun and their hands up. Yeah, I wouldn't be there to see it, wouldn't be legally responsible for their actions, etc, but I still don't want it to happen.

I, too, am a flipper. :sight:

let's face it-ammo catching is so 90's. i think we should start developing kewl and unusual ways for extracting the magazine.

It's already been done - hell, reloading your pistol like an action hero is 5 years old:

Showboating? Really? :blink:

Yes, really. It's all for show.

You should try it. The chicks just love it and the newer shooters think that you must be a GM. Personally, I think shooting with only one hand, when it is not required in the WSB, is show boating. What if the gun falls out of the shooters hand? :lol:

My name is Chad and I ULSC with my ejection port facing up and I sometimes catch the round before it falls to the ground.

I think i'm going to take a dolly and mount a net with a basket of some sort and ask the RO to drag it with him along with the timer to catch my ammo for me..or the SO. (it'll give them something to do as well).

This works pretty good wink.gif

Are you trying to induce heart attacks in some of the safety conscious posters in this thread? I am amazed that this gentleman, or TGO for that matter, is still alive. :rolleyes:

I use this method AND the ultra deadly flip and catch.

I use this also. Being lefthanded I use my right hand to slowly pull slide back and drop round into. With the pistol canted to 3 o'clock gavity keeps round away from ejector. To me this is the safest for all, other than using a water pistol.

This works pretty good wink.gif

Are you trying to induce heart attacks in some of the safety conscious posters in this thread? I am amazed that this gentleman, or TGO for that matter, is still alive. :rolleyes:

I use this method AND the ultra deadly flip and catch.

I use this also. Being lefthanded I use my right hand to slowly pull slide back and drop round into. With the pistol canted to 3 o'clock gavity keeps round away from ejector. To me this is the safest for all, other than using a water pistol.

I'm right handed and that's what I do. The only problem is that I went to a 90 degree mount in Open and now I can't do it anymore!

Guess I'll have to flip catch in Open and do it the safe way in Limited. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm not a fan of the flip catch because although I haven't seen a detonation, I saw the person it happened to about a minute later.

Looked like his face got into a fight with a blender.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...