Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

witness trigger job

greg9x21

If you just want to send the gun off to be tuned call Henning: http://www.henningshootsguns.com/index.html

He's a sponsor on this board and probably knows those guns better than anybody outside of Italy.

CZ type pistols are pretty easy to work on. You didn't mentioned if you were looking to take 1.5lb off of the single or double action pull. If it's the double action you could probably get away with just swapping to a lighter main spring.

If you get brave, do a google search for "CZ trigger job". Look for the polishing job, not the one where they change the angles of the sear. A simple punch set, and some 600-1000 grit sand paper will smooth out the trigger pull if it's gritty.

thanks for the input guys, but here is what I need, George Huening and Bruce Grey taught me everthing they knew on working on these guns, I just don't have a place to do the work. Nothing against henning but I've never seen his work. To better understand what I'm looking for,I shot with Doug Koenig and Brian for EAA/TANGFOLIO '92-'93. My triggers registered 1 1/4 pound on a trigger scale, I know it can be done, I believe Doug used to run 1 pound clean.I need a EAA MASTER,

thanks again,,,,,greg

If anyone can tell me where he's working these days I'd lovew to have him do it. I've been out of the loop for 15 or 16 years, most people I used to deal with are gone...and yes Bruce IS the man,,

Bruce just competed at the Bianchi Cup and did very well. He lives in Oregon and I believe he has a shooting school as well as "Greys Guns".

I have done my own and got it to about just under 2lbs.

dont want it lighter than that. When adrenalin goes during shooting,

you dont need 1 lbs trigger..as long as its safe and crisp.

Sorry for the typo Mr. Gray,,,also, Adrenalin,,,,is that whats going thru your head when Rob Leatham is standing behind you during a man on man,,,betting against you?????? No, that's just Rob being Rob. Doug ran the 1 pounder, I agree, too light!!

I have a P9 with a 2 pound trigger that breaks so clean it is almost a "snap" when it breaks. I have had lighter but not cleaner breaking. I don't have experience with Bruce, but he is very recommended, but if you could get George @ EGW or somehow get Huening, well you will have a trigger job worth bragging about.

I have a P9 with a 2 pound trigger that breaks so clean it is almost a "snap" when it breaks. I have had lighter but not cleaner breaking. I don't have experience with Bruce, but he is very recommended, but if you could get George @ EGW or somehow get Huening, well you will have a trigger job worth bragging about.

Jody, did you do this trigger job yourself?

Hi Al! I wish i had the skill. It was done a long time ago by a business called Irvine Competition Enterprrises. He used EGW's sear, and the original hammer if you could imagine. I am going to have to gauge it to see exactly where it breaks at. I never even bothered going with a lighter hammer spring, as I never felt the need. I've done a couple and have never come close to this one. There is however a friend of mine in Ontario that does a pretty sweet job on them. If you could get either "George" to do one for you, you would be very happy. I have tried them in the past, and was more than impressed.

• 1 month later...

Hiya! As I was summoned, so have I appeared.

:D

I greatly appreciate the compliments, folks. In reality, whatever positive impression people may have of "my" work is due to the diligent efforts of my Grew at GGI. I have 9 outstanding employees on the gunsmithing side who work like devils to make me look good.

I have been negligent in working out a vendor agreement with brianenos.com, and am loathe to further promote our work until we do. (Anyone of substance who works in our field should be here. Mea culpa, Brian! Let's do this thing.)

In Greg's case, it's best I promote others who can do this better. I would indeed start by contacting Henning and seeing what he says. As well, Randy Lee of Apex Tactical has demonstrated to me his great expertise with these actions. My Foreman Roy nelson, himself a great talent, sends his personal CZ's to Randy. As it happens, GGI doesn't work on CZ-system pistols.

Thank you all again!

-Bruce