Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What load for a Remington 1100 Comp Master?

chp5

I just bought a new Remington 1100 Competition Master. The Area 6 3G is less than a month away and I don't have time to test a lot of loads for my new shotgun.

What loads are you CM owners using? What dram equiv?

Thanks for your help.

I use Wichester AA 7.5 shot Sporting Clays birdshot (the ones in the gray hulls, not red). I have used both Remington reduced recoil slug and buck, and Federal classic slug and buck, all work fine.

The Wal-Mart Federal/Winchester 3 dram of #8/9's is good and cheap. For something a little nicer, the 2-3/4 dram Remington STS w/ 7.5's is good too. Both should run fine in your gun. The STS's are reloadable too. After that, Winchester AA's in a Target Load (2-3/4 dram...I think) is good too and again reloadable.

Rich

Cy, just get some AA 7.5 Heavy target loads. Those Sporting Clays loads are hot as hell and will beat the crap outta ya. I shot those SC loads for a while thinking the extra velocity is a good thing, but IMO, the extra recoil is not.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some Walmart special Win 3 dr. 1 1/8 oz. 8 shot. The CM 1100 would simply not run this stuff at all.

I had some old Win AA light target load 2 3/4 dram, 1 oz 7.5 shot so I tried that as well. The CM ran that shell 100% and very low recoil. Go figure . . .

Estate Cartridge Inc. Loaded by Federal and purchased at Sportsman's Warehouse. Cost is less then Federal's value pack at Wally world and a better performing round in my CM1100. Read (no jams, no problems)

$3.39 per box or 5% off if you buy a flat (10 boxes) so $3.22 per box.

2 3/4 inch 1 1/8 oz shot 7 1/2 shot, 3 Dram Eq. 1200 FPS

• 2 weeks later...

I have a CM that I have been shooting a little over a year. It will digest everything BUT the wal-mart winchester load. They seem very soft and are dirty as hell. The Federal promo loads, 3dr, 1oz. load runs great, and at $2.49 a box, can't be beat.

Currently using Wolf and S & B buck and slugs because they're cheap around here. No problems with them or the Federal reduced tactical loads either.

I have a CM that I have been shooting a little over a year. It will digest everything BUT the wal-mart winchester load. They seem very soft and are dirty as hell. The Federal promo loads, 3dr, 1oz. load runs great, and at $2.49 a box, can't be beat.

Currently using Wolf and S & B buck and slugs because they're cheap around here. No problems with them or the Federal reduced tactical loads either.

Thanks Tvone. My exeprience is similar.

I've also had good luck with the Remington reduced recoil slugs.