Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom Gunworks

benos

Duane,

I ship them without shok buffs but you can try one and see if it feels better to you. Either way whatever works best for you. I would not use more than one.

Tim,

I just got the full figures on Nationals from Robin Taylor and have been analyzing the numbers. I knew we did pretty good because I kept seeing our guns everywhere but the actual figures were even better than I hoped. Here are some highlights:

Total number of guns: 24 this was second place to one other gunsmith (we will have to try harder next year) but more than double the next gunsmith (11).

The most impressive thing was that 8 out of that 24 finished in the top twenty in the Limited or Open match. The next gunsmith had 3. I know for 4 of those guys it was their first time shooting a Brazos in Nationals and their first time in the top 20. Kay also won the ladies match in Open shooting a Pro Sx.

Just shows what happens when you combine the best equipment with great shooters and things are looking even better this year.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Bob.

Also - Did you see the magazine call "The Book of 1911" (I think that is what it is called...)? It had some nice info on IPSC and showed a few photos of your guns and spoke highly of your custom gunsmith services.

Regards,

Duane

It is a special magazine that comes out once a year and focuses on the 1911 model. Last year it had little to no info on ISPC type guns, this year (it just came out on the news stands) they had about 8 pages dedicated to the short of IPSC shooting.

One of the cool things they mention is that is you are looking to purchase a full custom race gun, Bob @ Brazos Customs is your man! I think they even had 2 photos for your guns. All in all a nice promo for you.

The mag also had a very nice multi-page artical on Ted Yost and many of his custom guns.

Bob, if you can't locate a copy of the magazine (I believe the official name is "The Book of 1911"), I would glad to pick up a copy this weekend and drop it in the mail to you. I haven't seen it on many news stands, but there is a small magazine store here near my house that carrys it.

Let me know if you would like me to ship you a copy.

Regards,

Duane

Bob and Duane,

In the "Book fo the 1911" the author of the article about the 1911 platform in IPSC is our very own Patrick Sweeney. Duane Thomas also has an article or two in there.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I don't have one of Bob's guns. :( ........yet.......

I purchased one of his preimum "drop in" trigger kits at the Nationals. Just got around to putting it in this week. While I never believed in "drop in" parts and the kit might not drop in for everybody. It fit and worked great in my gun.

I set it up as he suggested, and the pull is crisp right at two pounds. I barely had to adjust the sear spring, it was almost perfect out of the bag.

Anyone looking for a new trigger set I would highly suggest Bob's.

Yeah, I know. I put the limited gun up and shot open for a while after the Nat's. Plus I didn't want to "waste" your nice trigger set on the gun until I figured out the problem.

I updated the thread about it, but I think it might have been the Recoil Master. I'm not sure how that would have caused it, but I put a regular rod and spring in and it's worked fine since even with the old trigger set that was following. Once it was working good I put in your kit which is a much better pull. The other guy with the problem you helped at the Nat's took out his RM and his gun seems to be working also.

The trigger is sweet. I'll soon be picking one up for the Open gun as well. Much better than any other set I've had........and I've had a bunch!

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Bob,

Just ordered a Brazos Custom Pro SC - Limited. It has all the features I'm looking for.

I'm getting ready to order some more brass and bullets in .40 S&W ( usually Montana Gold 180gr FMJ, Starline brass and Titegroup ). Would you recommend anything else? You can email me at itento@hotmail.com if you wish.

Thanks, looking forward to its arrival.

Tom Iten

This past year at Nationals I was fortunate enough to win the slide and frame that Bob was giving away :D , again THANK YOU Bob. Before I took deliver I had Bob fit a Barsto barrel and then I purchased all of the remaining parts from him to finish the gun. I have just returned from the range and man does it shoot.( I know, what the heck took me so long. Well the winters are long and cold in NW WI and I still had to walk through snow to shoot it)

If you have never shot one of Bobs guns it is remarkable. Also if you looking for a great trigger try on of his trigger kits, I have now used four of them and the are great. With a little knowledge on your part, a digital trigger pull gauge and Bobs magic you can easily have a trigger of about 1lb 8oz to 1lb 12oz (or less with work) that will break unbelievably clean.

Bob, thank you for all that you do for our sport and for the great products you make available to us.

Dale

PS. Now that I have this limited gun maybe I have to put the open gun down some times. :(

• 2 months later...

Hello Bob,

I'm seriously considering ordering one of your Pro Sc limited guns. My question is will you be able to install a different hammer and trigger for me. Right now, i'm used to the Koenig hammer and a straight infinity trigger. Thanks,

law dawg

It's worth the wait folks. I have had my Pro SC Limited (Short dustcover, traditional slide cuts) now for a couple weeks and the difference between that and my Para is unbelievable. It points naturally, it balances properly and is one awesome piece of the gunmaker's art. There isn't much "Semi" about the Semi-Custom.

Bob and Ingi are two of the nicest people on the planet and super easy to deal with.

I ordered at a busy time this year and had a couple months of waiting but it was all worth it...several times over.

Gonna have to arrange for a couple days off from work to get some practice in before Area 1 though.

• 6 months later...
Are there any plans in work for the 4.5" SC to be made in 9mm? I'd order one tomorrow if it were to be.

Bob won't make the SC in 9mm. He will do a 9mm in full custom though. However, he'll probably talk you out of it like he did me. He's very persuasive.

• 1 month later...

Does the Brazos SC limited come with any magazines? the web sight says the pro limited comes with a 140 tuned mag, and the brazos tuned edge comes with a 126 mag; but it doesn't say anything about mags for the SC limited.