Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Custom Gunworks

benos

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob - do you use Virgil Tripp for your hard chroming? Do all metal parts including the barrel get hard chromed in your Pro SC Limited guns? I have been reading up on the process and was just curious.

Regards,

Duane

I used to use Tripp, when he stopped chroming I switched to another company and have been very happy with their quality/service. I don't chrome everything, I have a list of parts that I have developed over the course of the years (for a variety of reasons) that I think are better left un-chromed. The barrel on limited guns is not chromed (it is stainless steel).

I use a 12 lb variable in the Limited SC. I would not go any lighter, you can go heavier if you want. Most people like it the way it is set up as supplied.

I use a standard steel guide rod in most of the limited guns. I don't notice much difference between a 12 lb variable spring and a heavy recoilmaster. You can experiment and see if it feels better to you. The tungsten makes the gun balance different and soaks up some recoil but it makes it heavier to index. You have to experiment and see what works best for you. If the recoilmaster or the tungsten makes a significant difference for you then go for it. If it does not make a significant difference then you are putting a part in your gun that is not as strong as the original and is more likely to break. Both the Recoilmaster (in it's current configuration) and the tungsten guide rod that we sell hold up pretty well but I have never seen a steel guide rod break.

I do use the recoilmaster in the Sx and the Open 4.5 because I think it offers advantages that greatly outweigh the chances of breakage.

Bob:

I have your Custom Limited and Custom Pro SX shorty scheduled to be delivered in May of 2005, is this still on track? I have matches in late May and early June and would like to know if I will have them in time for competition. Thank you.

Great articles Bob, lots of good info, a bookmark worth keeping handy. So Bob, what't your story, did you use to be a writer, what's your background and what lead you to become an IPSC "Grand Master" Pistolsmith?

Any suggestions for people wanting to become a pistolsmith - you have mentioned before that you are not looking to have anyone work for you, so what's the best approach to learning the trade - I am serious about asking this question.

Have you considered offering some classes?

Regards,

Duane

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

I made my order thru online. I just want to know if I can still make an additional order.

if possible I would like to add 1 aftec extractor 20-202 (S&W 40 cal) so that I can still save the international shipping charges :) . I have sent you an email. Pls. let me know

thanks,

rich

order #1713

• 1 month later...

A 'smith should be able to modify the dovetail (sight or gun) on it for you, then it's just a matter of getting the rear sight right (maybe have a Bo-Mar installed). Not cheap, but you'll get exactly the sight picture that you want. :)

Hello Bob,

Do you use or feel that shok buffs are needed in your BCG guns? I have been very happy with the way my Pro SC Limited shoots, but a lot of people really talk up the use of shok buffs and I would like to get our opinion on the subject.

Thanks

Duane