Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Food for Thought

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

As far as trigger control the best thing that I have found that help me is to shoot a "double action" type gun.

I'm beginning to think we should all start out with a double-action .22 revolver with a dot...

It is amazing how much half an hour on a DA revolver points out to the shooter.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping this, and thanks for taking the time to document your insights.

I haven't read the whole thread, yet....but post #39 is outstanding. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Been along time since I posted on my food for thought post, and I figured I would add this one.  Since I gave this advice to a customer/shooter getting into single stack division....

Magazine Grip Angle for Reloads

"I'll give you a little nugget when it comes to single stack division, that no one ever talks about, is getting the perfect single stack basepad. Depending on what platform you shot before, should be the type of basepad you should get. For example if you are used to shooting and mag changes with a glock, I would advise going with a Dawson basepad (since they are angled). If you are used to shooting STI in limited or open, 3gun etc, then you need to go with a straight pad instead of angled.

Everybody talks about the grip angle on the gun, and how it effects their shooting. no one talks about the grip angle of the magazine while you are inserting it into the gun. Then they wonder why they bobble reloads..

take your magazine that you are used to doing mag changes with and put it on your bench basepad down and make it stand up, and take the single stack magazine with the basepad you plan on using, and see it the magazines when stood up has the same angle or not, you want them to be exactly or pretty darn close. this just helps in the transition from going from one platform to the next..."

Edited by Sean Gaines

• 4 weeks later...

INTERESTING THOUGHT:

So if you were to cut and paste the words of wisdom Sean has freely given us less the "bunny hop" videos ( and the contribution from CSEMARTIN ) it ends up as:

28 pages

Roughly 22,600 Words

And in my notebook on my library shelf along with my range notes, ENOS/Yur 'Yev, Anderson/Bassham, Stoeger,Plaxco books, and a 1983 USAMU manual. 

Thank You Sean and CSE , for putting into words what I fail to convey to newer shooters and remind myself sometimes. 

I am off to remove the squiggly lines, VigiLink blue writing and use a hi lighter, on my printout... depending on final file size I can post it here as my contribution to helping out 

Food for Thought.docx

Edited by Amerflyer48

Cool! Thanks for that! I've immediately saved it to my drive. 

I find it valuable to read through this thread from time to time to 'remind' me and get my head on straight. 

It's nice to have this slimmed down version of it. 

Edited by WFargo

On 5/26/2019 at 9:18 PM, Amerflyer48 said:

INTERESTING THOUGHT:

So if you were to cut and paste the words of wisdom Sean has freely given us less the "bunny hop" videos ( and the contribution from CSEMARTIN ) it ends up as:

28 pages

Roughly 22,600 Words

And in my notebook on my library shelf along with my range notes, ENOS/Yur 'Yev, Anderson/Bassham, Stoeger,Plaxco books, and a 1983 USAMU manual. 

Thank You Sean and CSE , for putting into words what I fail to convey to newer shooters and remind myself sometimes. 

I am off to remove the squiggly lines, VigiLink blue writing and use a hi lighter, on my printout... depending on final file size I can post it here as my contribution to helping out 

Food for Thought.docx 89.86 kB · 2 downloads

Amerflyer48, Thank you for typing this all up. What a great idea! I've saved it for future reference.

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 8:09 AM, Amerflyer48 said:

Glad to help out 

Was going to PDF it but figured a Word Doc would be easier to add to in future or edit for individual notes etc. 

and I’m not the most tech savvy LOL. 

And when you write that book email me for my address, so you can send those royalty checks....  💲💰