Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gunsmiths for EAA or CZ

Hi All,

I'm a new shooter with 6 uspsa mach under my belt shooting production div with a CZ phantom. I live in NJ and we have a mag cap of 15 rds. So I want to try limited 10. Ive read and read everything I can on the net but have this question. I want to get a cz ts .40 or EAA elite limited. The guys I've talked to at these matches all told me to get an sti. I'm on a limited budget and would rather try a cz ts or EAA limited. They told me that if I have a problem with with my cz or EAA,that I have to send the gun out for work unlike an sti. Is this still true right now? I know cz customs and EAA factory can fix it but I want to know is at this time, am I limited to a very small group who can help fix a non 2011 gun like a cz? From what I've read, cz's and EAA are reliable for thousands of round anyway.

Thank you.

Ryan

Edited by Ryan626

I'd say use your Phantom but CZ USA told me they will not work on them to make the DA better. That being said I checked them out at the NRA convention and their work on other models seem top rate.

FWIW

Richard

PS: Might check out the CZ and EAA threads under the Factory Pistol thread.

Use what you have. You have been shooting Production, the only "EFFECTIVE" difference with L-10 is holster and Mag carrier placement. If you move to L-10 you will be at a slight scoring disadvantage to the shooters using a .40 or .45. If you need work, check out the CZ and EAA/Tan threads as was already suggested.

What needs fixing?

Paulhttp://www.brianenos.com/forums/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon1.gif

Are you saying you would have to do the STI work yourself? Either gun will be sent out for work unless you are doing it yourself. I have a CZ TS, and if it gets in need of repair, I guess I would send it out to Angus. I don't really shoot it much though.

Sorry, I was not clear on my explanation. Basically, I'm concerned that if I purchase an EAA Witness Elite, as Cha Lee has stated in a few post in here, that support for it is very limited. If I needed it repaired, there is only a couple of places that can help me. My friend suggest to get an STI, as he himself, will be able to help me and so does a lot of people we shoot with in fixing/trouble shooting an STI Pistol compared to an EAA. So basically, I have read here they are reliable but I was just curious at this moment of time, are there still a lot of gunsmiths who do not know how to repair an EAA pistol? Meaning, am I still only stuck with a couple of companies who are able to fix it if repair is needed?

Thanks for all the information and suggestion. See in NJ, we have to apply for permits to purchase a pistol. I just received 2 after waiting a few weeks. I will buy one as a backup for my production gun but also want one for L10 and maybe steel. A friend let me hold his EAA Limited and I loved it!

Thanks again everyone.

For CZ work, besides Angus at CZ Custom (who tuned my first SP-01) and Matt Mink who (did a 75 B for me) I hear that forum member eerw does great, reasonably priced CZ work. Give him a shout.

Thanks for all the info guys. I really appreciate it. I'm pretty sure I will be purchasing an EAA Limited as it really felt good in my hand. My CZ will still be my production gun and EAA for my L10 gun.

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

If I can't shoot a 1911, I'll shoot a CZ75/EAA Witness.

EGW will work on the guns and do a great job.

EAA, I have heard, is rather spotty on support--but the extractor broke in my .40 Match Elite and they sent me one for free--now I just need to find the money and time to take it to a local 'smith to be replaced. My gun has as EAA frame-mounted scope mount that EGW installed for me for a very reasonable price and their turn around time was excellent. They even called my to tell me that they needed to order a carbide drill to drill the hard steel of the frame.

• 2 weeks later...