Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 GA State Championship Match

Hello everyone. I'm the webmaster for the GA State match again this year and I'm just starting the BENOS thread on here for this year's match so we can keep information flowing as simply as possible. This thread will be linked from the official website for the match as well if you want a quick way to find it again. The website is the same as last year at www.GAStateChampionship.com so look shortly to see match information as well as downloadable applications. The apps should be live in a day or so as we know people are have been asking about them.

The dates for this year's match are September 9-10 and it will be returning to Cherokee Gun Club in Gainseville, GA. The match format for this year will be a little different than the past couple of years. Small squads will be used and competitors will shoot the entire match in a half day. RO's will shoot on Friday along with a few possible competitor spots while the rest of the competitors will shoot either a Saturday morning session OR a Saturday afternoon session. An awards presentation will immediately follow as well a sponsor raffle for major prizes. As in years past, the majority of the raffle will be drawn for while the competitors are shooting on Saturday and you will just need to check against your competitor number to see if you've won anything. Major prizes (eg. guns) will still be drawn live at the awards ceremony but you do not need to be present to win. We should have an FFL on hand to facilitate transfers if needed. The plan is for a very efficient match that gets you home and enjoying the rest of your weekend after a fantastic day of shooting with friends.

Peter Oliver has been rummaging around in that devious British brain of his and I'm certain we will see another set of world class stage designs that have a nasty habit of being able to be shot a zillion different ways. He keeps talking about making everyone "walk the plank" in this evil Pirate voice that has all of us here worried. From the mind that brought you Field of Steel I and II, you know it'll be a fun and challenging set of stages this year.

We would also like to give a big hearty welcome to Glock as our match sponsor as well as a quickly growing list of Stage and Banner sponsors. Please check the website for links and check often. The sponsors list will be updated continually up until the match starts. Patronize these great companies and tell then you saw them on the GA State Championship website while thanking them for their support.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update and for GLOCK being one of our sponsors. Peter's stages always exceed my expectations and inevitably teach me something new....I look forward to my first State match.

Working on finishing the stage diagrams and WSB's, I hope to have them available by the weekend. I will be organizing and posting details on match hotel/s this week also.

I found a good place to have a "Jungle Run" stage, and will be testing many different skills of everyones practial shooting disiplines.

Our match is the weekend before the state of the back to back nationals, so hopefully we will attract many getting ready for the trip to Las Vegas.

Stages all on paper and sent to NROI for level II staus approval.

They are on the ga state web site now!.

I will also get them uploaded on here some time ....

Edited by Lexor40cal

• 1 month later...

Your old gun biggrin.gif... Took my fancy big mags and put back on the STI factory springs/followers/basepads. Giving the good internals a break and running 10 rounds for a bit.

Taking it to Vegas the next week for L10 Nats.

You're a big dog. Load those guys up with Grams springs and followers and come play with the hi round count crowd.

Unless yer skeered...

:devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I have had the RO application added to the web site, I am in need of 20+ RO's Friday & shoot Saturday.

Match hotel will be the Hampton for sign up etc. I am still trying to negoiate a better rate, but there are many $50-65 a night hotel in town.

We have about 55 Ro's for the Saturday so far, but could use a few more.

We are at 125 shooters so far, so have room, the August 15th deadline is just over two weeks away.

We have recently picked up more stage sponsors, still have more room for them too.

We hope to have our covered pavilion built in time for the match, so we will have somewhere to congregate.

Web site and forms etc. http://www.gastatechampionships.com/