Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Open Gun Build Thread

Blcksmk

Unfortunatley I am gonna stop the build and sell the slide, barrel, comp, and some other parts for the build. I don't have the funds to finish it because I am moving into another shooting sport. I will be keeping my production gun though.

If anyone is interested in buying the slide, barrel and comp W/ thread protector, a brand new CR Speed holster, and a slightly used magwell let me know and I can package a good price for everything.

With the slide I will include a factory firing pin and spring, factory plunger, and factory guide rod.

Blcksmk

How much for the holster and magwell?

$110 Shipped for both.

I'm interested in slide and barrel.. How much?

With all the parts I have in it I'm asking $350 Shipped.

Another open Glock bites the dust.

Due to insufficient funds for the project. I have another rifle project that I am currently finishing and don't have enough money to due both right now. Also trying to buy a new Shotgun for trap shooting this week. Trap was the first shooting sport I ever got into.

Looking good. Who did the slide cuts?

Jeff Abernathy of Precision Gun Works did it for me! He did a great job! I will say, the finish on these slides make them hard as a rock and takes some time to cut. We burned two cutters trying to do those three cuts.

Looks almost identical to mine....except mine is a G35, and I have a Burris Fastfire II on mine. Now for the "big" question...I have been playing with various loads seeing which "feels" best and still make major. If any one here has open glock with a compensator, please share your favorite .40 major load data.

Thanks!

How do you like the Burris Fastfire II? I've been debating between the C-More STS and the Fastfire. I have some .40 Major data that I pulled from the reloading section on here. I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere around here.

Blcksmk

Those slides are the hardest thing I cut in the shop ,65 rc. I use carbide with a lot of coolant and no more than .010" a pass with a verry slow feed rate. takes a long time to lighten a glock up . Something a lot of people dont understand. I wonder if your GS made anything on the deal??

I am now building this Glock 22 up as an open gun. I have a spare lower with Dawson Magwell, Glockwerx trigger and everything I need to get it running.

Would people recomend mounting an STS in the rear sight notch or would mounting the optic on a frame mount make the gun more reliable?

I have a ton of 40sw mags around; what basepads are the most reliable for Open class. I use Dawsons on my Limited gun and they are dead solid. I was hoping their was something that ran as well in an Open gun.

Edited by bubbagum

• 2 weeks later...

I got the slide, a spring precision mount and Docter optic. I was planning to get a differnt comp but this thing shoots great as is. I polished the slide and cleaned up the milled windows on the slide.

post-31576-0-75106900-1307888907_thumb.j

I got the slide, a spring precision mount and Docter optic. I was planning to get a differnt comp but this thing shoots great as is. I polished the slide and cleaned up the milled windows on the slide.

Looks sweet man! Glad it worked out for you! How well does it shoot as far as flatness and seeing the red dot? Got any video's?

I got the same comp for a G31 357sig with a 9mm LW barrel. I tried a few different loads and springs but was not impressed. I ordered a SJC to try out.

I had never heard anything good about the Lone Wolf comp. I figured I would shoot once and order an aluminum comp. Maybe the Lone Wolf works better in a 40sw than in a 9mm. Whatever the reason is works well on this gun.

I had never heard anything good about the Lone Wolf comp. I figured I would shoot once and order an aluminum comp. Maybe the Lone Wolf works better in a 40sw than in a 9mm. Whatever the reason is works well on this gun.

Could you possibly get some video? I would like to see it in action.

Blcksmk